Author Topic: Robin Hood Club  (Read 8234 times)

Offline Greatgoogamooga

Robin Hood Club
« on: March 25, 2010, 07:21:52 pm »
Okay, Maybe I'm more in the "Friar Tuck" Club for this.  And I'm sure it would have split the arrow in twain had it not sagged in the bag I shot it into.  Anyone have any real Robin Hood shots to show?  When do I learn the secret handshake?  :)

Goog

Offline sailordad

Re: Robin Hood Club
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 07:23:52 pm »
i know someone whos gotten many robin hoods
some with trad gear,some with whelie bows
i'll bet hes shot a dozen atleast
he used to hang them for display
but hes done so many,they just started getting thrown in the closet
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 07:31:45 pm »
good shot!  that bow is hot by the way.  and im usually happy i can hit the same target.  nevermind the same spot!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 07:37:17 pm »
nice shot.  Diggin that bow too.  :)  I think after the first couple of Robin Hood shots, it would get old... Just more broken arrows... then again I've never done it either.  :-\
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

HatchA

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 07:49:00 pm »
and im usually happy i can hit the same target.  nevermind the same spot!

Hell...  I'd be happy just to hit a target ONCE!!  hehehe

Great shot, man!  If I recall correctly, the handshake involves rolling up the right trouser leg, baring the left nipple and bend over, backs to each other, gripping hands between your legs as you hop in an anit-clockwise circle.

All that's if greeting in the AM hours of the clock...  don't even get me started on the PM handshake!! :o

Offline youngbowyer33

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 07:49:43 pm »
that bow is quite nice i like it alot
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 09:00:27 pm »
This was a reenactment of the actual event. No one was injured during this reenactment!  ;D
...self nock no less! >:(

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Greatgoogamooga

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 09:52:16 pm »
I appreciate your compliments of the bow, but that is more a testiment to my woodworking skills than my bowyering.  it was my second bow and has some flaws that I learned a lot from (the shelf was too low and the fades dont' have enough bend).  it looks good, though.  I know how to scrape, sand and finish   ;D

HatchA, I'm gonna have to help my wife make the same shot so she can do that handshake!

Goog

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 11:07:35 pm »
this one cost $40.00

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 01:47:04 am »
Aw eez, guys!  I thought MythBusters put this myth to bed, it just can't be done!    >:D  O:)  >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 02:44:50 am »
                                                                 Mythbusters my Hiney..... ;)

That Fat Chinese Kid aint got nothing on Me.......... :P

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Greatgoogamooga

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 10:49:39 am »
                                                                 Mythbusters my Hiney..... ;)

That Fat Chinese Kid aint got nothing on Me.......... :P

the first time they visited taht myth, I kept on wondering why they didn't bring in someone like Byron Ferguson to do that.  I was glad they did bring in a real archer when they revisited it.  As for grant being fat....I got a leg that weighs more than him  :)

Goog

Offline Kegan

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 10:55:32 am »
I've several of them. I'll get a photo of the latest one. I don't like them anymore. They cost work and money and make me sad :'(.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 12:46:29 pm »
That's what I am talking about.....way too much time and money to enjoy anymore.... ;D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Kegan

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 06:43:25 pm »
Here's the one from a few days ago. At 13 yards, 73# selfbow. I'm glad this is in the Campfire Forum cause it's obviously not a primitive arrow. This one was only $7, but now I only have four arrows left :'(.