Author Topic: Look at my new friend  (Read 6471 times)

Offline aero86

Re: Look at my new friend
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 01:55:50 pm »
wow parnell, i cant even do that!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Lombard

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 09:12:48 pm »
The dog is in fact a Yellow Lab, and is female, with eyes as green as the ocean. The Boss (read wife) declared that we shall call the dog Cloe. I liked JW's suggestion for Tiller. Perhaps she will learn to find all my lost arrows. I lose them fast, shooting a squirrels.

We are dog people. Our sixteen year old Keechound passed on about a year and a half ago, so we are ready for another. My wife is away so it will be a few weeks before I can bring her home. We are looking forward to it.

No Mullet, as yet I have not met Chris. We corresponded, but between work and home time (Alabama), most of my socializing time gets eaten up.

Chris, I have not been going into Lynn's as much, as I am still splicing fiber optics in Savannah Lakes. Only get to Abbeville twice a week now to pick up parts at the warehouse, and offload cable scraps. The deer in Savannah Lakes are so tame, that I have been able to walk up to within ten feet of them while they were feeding. There are so many deer in there, that they are actually a nuisance. If we can get a time set, I would love to meet you, and talk bows. The project for West Carolina Tel, should be winding down for me by around September. There has been talk about overbuilding Verizons area, but that will be a stretch in this economy.

Offline agd68

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 08:46:08 am »
With green eyes there might be a little Chesapeak Bay Retriever in her line.Green eyes are'nt too uncommon in them but I have'nt heard of Labs having them. Either way that's a great dog. Do you do any duck or goose hunting,Labs are bar none the best water fowling dog out there. I'd put a good Lab up against a Chessy any day.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Lombard

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 11:33:26 am »
agd68, used to when I lived on the coast. Now about all the hunting I have time for is those pesky little grey haired varmints around the house.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 12:40:12 pm »
my farm is only about five miles from savannah lakes.  last time i road through down there you could count the ribs on most of the deer.  there is one small community in savannah lakes that is begging bowhunters to come in and help with population control.  there are $500,000 homes with chicken wire over the shrubs and flower gardens to keep the deer out.  almost looks like a upscale redneck community.  you ever run up on a fellow called mitchell beasley?  he works for west tel and is a good friend of mine.  look me up the weekend of 4/17.  i will be down throwing some jugs and doing some bowfishing for just about every weekend after that.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 04:55:44 pm »
My dog has yellow green eyes, when he was about that size they were really green. This is what he looks like now.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 03:16:49 am »

Good looking dog, and I agree with HatchA, and Dana, he's going to grow into those big clod hoppers, and be a big ol boy, and a great partner for hunting, and just riding around with, and sitting on the porch.  I hope that bow turns out well.

Wayne