Author Topic: ISOLATING A PLATFORM  (Read 1717 times)

VenomBOWslinger

ISOLATING A PLATFORM
« on: March 26, 2010, 01:57:39 am »
Here is an extract on isolating a platform.  This is for those who dont understand it.  Its kinda crappy I had to take a pic off the screen I couldnt save it.  It wouldnt let me hopefully it works for someone!!!

Cheers! :o :o :o

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: ISOLATING A PLATFORM
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 07:23:35 am »
yup thatll do it. only thing to add is relieving the flake on the other side also. remove flakes from both sides of the platform on the other side too so you creat a strong ridge for the flake to travel across. its early havent had coffee so i hope that made sense.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 07:40:29 am »
Cool pic.  Thanks
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 10:35:38 pm »
Here is an extract on isolating a platform.  This is for those who dont understand it. 

ok ok ok,shessh pick on the ignorant. dang         lol
no actually i appreciate it,cause i did mention that i still didnt get it.
i guess i understand the principle of it,like your pic there shows
i just havent figured out how to get my mind to get that info to my bopper when i am working on a piece trying to biface it
i have yet to be able to get my bifaces thin and still have a decent size to them.
when i finally get them thin thay are also small
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

bowkee

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 01:35:14 am »
 :)

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 03:04:14 am »
Thanks and Sailor just cause I put that up there for you >:D   NA I thought it would help some people I was flipping through one of my books I forgot to return to the library that I took out in my kids name...kidding IM kidding but yeah sometimes I pst for the sak of posting!!!! :D

Russ

Lombard

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 04:18:09 pm »
Is that really all there is to it? I have been way over thinking it then. Thanks!