Author Topic: Crossing my fingers, R/D profile  (Read 1705 times)

Offline NTD

Crossing my fingers, R/D profile
« on: March 30, 2010, 01:47:19 am »
Here is another attempt at an R/D.  I glued this one up with very little Reflex, hoping to take a step back and get the tiller right.  Here it is 62" NTN BBO

Nate Danforth

VenomBOWslinger

Re: Crossing my fingers, R/D profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 01:53:48 am »
Looks great nice and simple...the way it should be as far as I can see till looks good too if anything upper limb looks to have a slight difference but nothing to worry I may be seeing things or I just may be opinionated...either way nice bow man!

Russ

Offline NTD

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 01:56:09 am »
As far as simple, well it's not "finished" yet ;D 
Nate Danforth

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 03:08:58 am »
Nate...how short are them fades?? Looks like you could get a little more movement nearer the Handle...but it looks really good....as for simple...I don't beleive that VBS was meaning it was simple to tiller...I think He meant that it was a nice simple design...with nice simple lines...I too like it!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 06:52:21 am »
Nice looking bow,maybe a little more at the fads if you got some weight to give ,like others have
said,other than that looks nice,should be a shooter. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline NTD

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 09:19:29 pm »
Thanks Guys, it's good to know I'm getting a little closer, Glad to hear it's a little stiff near the fades LOL that's the problem I had with the other 2, TOO much bending there ;D 

Scott, You are absolutely right about gluing on the riser after glue-up I do think it looks nicer that way.  I just don't feel confident with the tools I have to make the fit look good, so I compromise and glue it on square.

I've only got 2 pounds to lose so I'll do a few scrapes in the stiff areas and call it good on this one.  Still contemplating on a cut-out shelf.....
Nate Danforth