Author Topic: Stone heads for hunting / few arrows / arrow rack plans added  (Read 5108 times)

half eye

Re: Stone heads for hunting / few arrows / arrow rack plans added
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 01:17:49 pm »
Thought I'd add a simple set of plans for that arrow rack I made.....It's all scrap from cutting out bows and two arrow shafts. (You could simply fletch a couple of dowels if you prefer.)

The arrow dividers are a piece of scrap cut 1/2" X 1/2" by how ever long you want it. I then glued pieces 1" long on the top board, spaced 1/2" apart (3/8" would also work) and then "resawed the pieces to the width of the top board (3/4") and then sanded it off.
If you have a table saw and a dado blade you could just cut these "slots" into a wider top board.

I drilled the arrow shaft holes bigger (1/16") than the sfat so there would be roon to "square everything up".  Set the shafts with a little 5-min epoxy to hold things square and then drove finish nails into the end of the boards and through the shaft. Stand up the rack and fill the gap (if any) with some glue.   Thats all there is to it.

Notice that the amount of arrowshaft protuding from the top board would allow you to put some old arrow heads on them if you wish to.

hope the pics help ya some. It's pretty easy to do since I dont have table saws and such....but if you do you could make it a lot better.
Rich

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mox1968

Re: Stone heads for hunting / few arrows / arrow rack plans added
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 07:13:43 pm »
great looking arrows and the rack is simple but very cool.