Author Topic: small critter hunting..  (Read 7944 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: small critter hunting..
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 02:56:26 am »

Yeah, they do have that going for them.  But yeah, you can eat them, just cook them well!  :P I have killed plenty when I was a kid, and they all had tape worms, and wolves.  Speaking of Wolves, and tape worms, the wolves in Montana are infected with a weird strain of tape worms, and can be contracted by other animals, including humans, just through breathing in the microscopic eggs.  They can be fatal! :o  They are not your typical tape worms.  Wolf Hydatid Disease.  Nasty stuff.  Anyway, our bunnies, are transport for tapeworms, and wolves.  ::) If you are good enough you can just shoot the wolves out of the bunny, without hurting the bunny! :o  The tape worm will be a bit different.  But you have fish bait there! ;D

Wayne

Offline aero86

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 04:57:38 pm »
so theres an article about this in the new magazine out!  thanks PA!  haha
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 10:46:56 am »

If you are good enough you can just shoot the wolves out of the bunny, without hurting the bunny! :o 

lol with my new .17 hmr that might actually be a possibility.  :P
yeah the bunnys get some nasty varmits living in them.
lets just shoot it

Offline donnieonetrack

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 02:23:55 pm »
Here in Florida I don't hunt rabbits in the summer due to the worms, squirrels also get the botfly larve and roll around in the yard during the summer. 

Some times you can't see the botfliy larve, they are under the legs.

Just eat around the flies/worms ;D,

Don
Donnie Wilkerson
Gainesville, Florida

Offline aero86

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 06:08:00 pm »
skin, gut, roast whole then?
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Postman

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 12:59:56 pm »
some like to soak in milk or saltwater overnight, first. Watch out for spots on the liver- called Tularemia (SP?). Also, if ya ain't seeing much, slow down! ;D
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 01:55:08 pm »

Aero86 ;
     That would make a good article about the "Wolf Hydatid disease", and the warnings that go with them.  Senator Greg Hinkle from Thompson Falls, Montana, had a public meeting on the subject, and just how nasty this stuff is, along with the warnings, and precautions.
                                                                            Wayne