Author Topic: time well spent  (Read 3641 times)

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
time well spent
« on: March 30, 2010, 08:31:53 pm »
My son Hunter-trapper graduates this spring and it looks like he,s got a job in Yellowstone for the summer.Time sure flies huh?We got to spend another weekend at the cabin last weekend.Set some beaver traps and he got his first beaver (45 lbs.)Packed in Saturday night and spent a gorgeous night in the north mountains.Sat around THE Campfire and had a great father -son chat while eating backstraps from the beaver we caught-Tasty.Take time with your kids because before you know it they will be grown and gone.Have a fantastic day.Lloyd

Offline DanaM

Re: time well spent
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:58:18 pm »
Lloyd I think most of us can relate with you, the pride we feel as our children grow up and move on. Congrats HT on the graduation and your job in Yellowstone.
Your a fine young man with a bright future ahead of you. Remembe rto post some pictures of your adventures eh ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 11:35:10 pm »
A/ ho pops. time well spent. a sacred pipe was shared around the fire also.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:13:29 am »
I wish I were going to Yellowstone this summer. I envy your adventure, HT and can relate to your sense of loss, Lloyd. They do grow up quickly. Now it is time for all your training to be put to use. Soon, the student will be teaching the teacher!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 12:16:20 am »
Don't tell me that guys!  I feel I still have lots of time with my boys being 4 and 6.  But I know it will zip by.  I'm a big softy when it comes to them, but they don't walk on me! Hopefully soon we will be enjoying nights out camping and days shooting bows at stuff
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 01:48:21 am »
Aero- my boy just turned 4 and just signed up for Spring football (and I get to volunteer coach).  Seams like yesterday we were trying to get him to walk  :'(  :'( I hope to get him a bow built in the next couple of months. 
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 06:32:23 am »
Yep they grow up quick but the memories last forever. Good luck with your adventure H/T and
hang in Dad,it gets easier.  :) been there done that. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 09:53:25 am »
H/T:  Congrats on the Yellowstone Job.  Do you know where you will be working?  Hope you get some time to explore the back country!  I used to guide pack trips in the Lamar and one of those got me a scholarship to the University of Wyoming.  My brother died there and if you want I can bring the boat and we can spend some time on the lake.  Lots of artifacts!  Hawk and his family know the Park well and I can bring Tyler along for some jet boating on the lake.  The tourists are a pain and the backpackers drive you crazy, but you can get away from it all.  Can show you some places to go where fish are plentiful, animals everywhere (griz), and high lonesome is the order of the day.  The cutthroat in the big lake are all but gone, but still some good fishing in the back country.  A/Ho   Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 05:19:08 pm »
Im not sure what part yet. I look forward to the trip though. my course will take me from penn. down to nashville then across arkansas where ill stay for a nite with my dads old friends he met from being in the military. then through the panhandle of texas down through arizona then loop up through So. Cal on up to yellowstone. ill have to get ahold of yu guys before i come out wolf to set up some plans
Modern Day Tramp