Author Topic: Gold: Got some?  (Read 9999 times)

Cacatch

Re: Gold: Got some?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 04:55:41 pm »
It's fun to daydream about what might happen in this situation where society falls and reverts back to simpler, more primal ways, but it's not going to happen, at least not in any of our lifetimes. And I can't say why though, without getting political, so I'll just leave it at that.  ;)

Offline servicebeary

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 11:46:47 pm »
gotta respond to that "won't happen in our lifetime" with a mention of supervirus and or plant virus or fungi (like the great potato famine) could crush our fragile entangled urban centers and leave things pretty disfunctional, then disease and so on will be poorly controlled, all the while most the populous can't even feed themselves without a walmart.  There's some serious concerns about the next great virus.  Could happen tomorrow, could be a million years.  who knows   Just think how we'd feed everyone if wheat got wiped out.  monoculture crops are a catastrophe just waiting to happen.  just my two cents... I'm just trying to be optimistic in my own anarchist way  >:D 
I take life 1 month in the Montana wilds at a time...

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 11:56:35 pm »
Support local agriculture. ;D Tomatoes that taste like a tomato and not water in a pinkish wrapper.  ;D
Living a dream...

Offline sailordad

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 12:52:44 am »
dont eat them,tomatos
too harsh on my tummy ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 01:24:10 am »
I love 'em! I get a nice Cherokee Purple heirloom tomato, slice it, put some extra virgin olive oil on it, grind some pepper over it, a little sea salt and I am content.  ;D
Living a dream...

Offline servicebeary

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 03:58:03 pm »
dang, and my summer expedition means that I won't have time to plant any maters, my favorite fruit.  Maybe I'll just put em on auto water and have a jungle when I get back :'(

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 02:53:07 am »

I'm with Tsalagi, Bang, now get your cold dead hands off of my garden, and water supply.  Hmmm, that gold you had in your pocket, will melt down for my muzzle loader. 8)  Yep, I have a couple of o3-a3's, Spanish Mauser's, and some others, plus the 870, and some muzzle loaders.  Oh,yeah, I will take lead over gold. ;)  There is very little original Colonial American pewter.  Because the British, stopped supplying us with lead, and powder, so we found bat guano in caves, which has a very high Potassium Nitrate  content, and we made our own black powder, but I am not sure where they got the sulphur, but they melted down the pewter, till we could find supplies of lead, or get it from the French. 8)

Wayne

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 10:39:24 am »
Well said Jesse, if one wants to stock up than stock up on knowledge and skills :)

agreed. i was thinking the other day, as long as you KNOW, then its a little easyer to make due because you can utalize everything. however i would personally rather have a .22 bolt action and about 5 thousand rounds.  ;D that would last me long enough to get a bow and arrow made lol.
lets just shoot it

Offline servicebeary

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 03:13:28 pm »
I second the .22 notion, I'd definately bring my survival .22 that weighs about 1 pound since I leave the stalk off and just tie a stick to it when I need to use it.   

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 05:50:51 pm »
The whole concept is comic to me. If society were to crash and burn, wildlife would be almost extinct in a matter of months. I guarantee that every guy with a rifle would be out shooting deer left and right. You would probably be out of deer before you run out of ammo, I know I would.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline servicebeary

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 06:17:48 pm »
Yah I was thinking about that and the following progression to canabalism myself...yuck

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 11:45:16 pm »
That's why I forage. Hunting is only part of the equation. ;D
Living a dream...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 11:51:27 pm »
 Deer?,, Just think about all the stupid cows?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 01:17:43 am »
     Deer, Elk, Antelope,Moose, Bison, Cows?!!!  Why go huffing and puffing up and down hills, and in and out of forrests, and running around in a pasture?
     It is easier to get food at the zoo........ ::)    Hmmmm, Penguin, and rice, with a tomato sauce, and a garlic, lime and butter sauce to dip it in......should taste like fishy turkey. :P   Hmm, where are the Gemsbok......Nice horns for a bow...... ;)  Oooooo a Water Buffalo !! :o  Would be sorta like being at Red Lobster, and looking at the tank with the lobsters......Hmmmm I'll take that three pounder...... ;D  Uh Oh.......!!  Somebody let the Lions out....... :o  Hmmm, aren't they supposed to taste good too? ::)  Dang!!  I wonder how many 30-06 rounds an Elephant can take?   ::)  Have to use the full jackets in the head. ;)  Not to mention the cool Lizard, and snake skins...... 8)

Wayne

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 03:23:32 am »
You guys are overlooking house cats.  Everything you need!  Cat gut for guitar/bow strings, fur for hats, booties, and string silencers, or you can felt the fur and use the skin for rawhide or leather, If you stuff the heads they'd make nice ornaments for your rear view mirror, or possibly baseballs, you could use the claws to make those nasty festering arrowheads like halfeye showed us a while back, not to mention the obvious meat aspect.  But the best thing is, you could sew up the skin into a purse to hold your pretty, glittering, useless GOLD.

Apologies to Del for this post.  ;)
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson