Author Topic: Feral Swine in Oregon  (Read 22796 times)

Offline Agbowyer

Re: Feral Swine in Oregon
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 10:31:50 pm »
Same here, but you do have to have a hunting license(any kind, small game etc). You can kill as many as you want, anytime, by any means legal. Still doesn't seem to affect the population though.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 11:13:28 pm »
  Down here if they are on private property they are considered livestock.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

duffontap

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 06:59:25 pm »
In Oregon I don't think there are any regulations for feral swine on private property--provided you have landowner permission.  You can hunt at night and everything. 

J. D. Duff

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 12:04:49 pm »
I know there are pigs out in the post and paulina valley, also around ashwood and the old rashneesh campus. they tend to move quite a bit and can be hard to catch in a area. lots of country for them to forage.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 04:18:17 pm »
Dave, JD you guys up for going after a few of them sqealers? I should have my short bow done in a couple months and ready to go by then.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

wanabehunter

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 12:38:07 am »
i was lied to, i was told in 2005 here would be feral pigs in Massachusetts by late  2007-2008 and ive been waiting ever since and there still not here lol

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 12:57:23 am »
You mean you haven't seen them.  ;) Don't mean they ain't there.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Loogster

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 02:11:21 pm »
Im a resident of Umpqua, Oregon. If anyone knows about the ice cream and such its just a name...none of the milk comes from there. The swine though are up in the coastal mountain ranges. I personally havent seen any on our ranch but I do know that on some of our property on the mountain range there have been a few. Ive been wanting to head up there and give them a shot  ;D
Just leave me a message and perhaps I can hook you up.
-Logan

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 08:33:07 pm »
if you want to bait them up and bring them in from along way off,take a 5 gal bucket and fill it 2/3's full of corn and pour 2 Qt's of malt liquor in it.The cheaper the better.Put a lid on it in the sun for about a week.Then hang it in a tree and punch holes in the bucket with a knife.Hogs have a good nose and this works like ice cream down here.Just put it in an area where they have been seen.
Lakeland, Florida

Loogster

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 08:41:09 pm »
hmmm im not 21 yet.... that might be tough. How about something else that smells sweet to them? sugar water?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 08:59:56 pm »
  Hmmm., Not trying to corrupt the youth on here,but I never had trouble? If so try putting some sugar water and malt and yeast in it,should work.
Lakeland, Florida

Loogster

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 09:33:17 pm »
Buahhaha don't corrupt the youth. This is a family friendly forum but i think i'll find a way to bait them. Im excited to go put that idea to use this weekend.