Author Topic: Hunting with BB guns (pics)  (Read 10439 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Hunting with BB guns (pics)
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:36:22 am »
I was sitting in Hambush for hogs overlooking a wallow, when a mongoose showed up, initially I had no intention of shooting it, but it stated feeding around 50 yards away, on what I found out later wher some small pigs remains, the little bugger was there too long, so i put the crossairs on it and when i got a broadside I pulled the trigger, the loud PCP airgun sounded really loud in the narrow valley, I most likely compromised my hog hunt,...but ho well there's allways tomorrow  ;D

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline kylerprochaska

Re: Hunting with BB guns (pics)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 05:36:47 am »
looks like some future sting silencers to me.  Good shootin!
GBR!

Offline youngbowyer33

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:30:26 am »
nice shot
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:39:45 am »
thats a bb gun?
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:17:24 am »
What model is that PCP??

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:52:59 am »
thats a bb gun?

yeah he has some insanely powerfull airguns, would put alot of black powder guns to shame, and can probably match a few cartrige rifles.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline aero86

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 01:28:20 pm »
holy crap.  i want one!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 03:30:23 pm »
Thanks guys.

This is a Sam Yang 909s in .45 cal, it puts out around 200 FPE, ...once I'll get her tuned she will put out 300 FPE, right now she shoots the Hornady muzzoloadyng 143gr ball at 780 fps, after tuning will be about 900 give or take a bit
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:21:01 pm »
...........Or we can go to the opposite end of the spectrum, at dawn today I shot a Mynah with my 50 bucks Daisy, this little rifle is real accurate, quite and can be kept cocked,.....I killed several mynahs and doves up to 30 yards with it

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 10:32:23 pm »
I'm thinking this is the perfect way to deal with all the invasive ringneck doves we have around here lately. I put out some bird seed the other day to get them landing in the back yard.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 12:16:05 am »
Hey, you kilt Ricki Ticki Tavi!  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 12:21:32 am »
Justin...you like eating Dove?? I can't stand it...and the damned things are taking over texas too....but I don't shoot ...what I don't eat...and I can't give them all away..... :-\
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline aero86

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 12:30:36 am »
hey nomadic, i believe i have that daisy rifle at work, for when im bored!  what scope do you have on it? what pellets do you shoot out of it?  the blunt ones?

DCM4

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 09:24:48 am »
We made a lot of meat with Sheridan pellet guns back in the day.  Kept salt in our pockets and a robin or similar weren't safe around us kids.

Dove breast is excellent.  Soak it in italian salad dressing (not the creamy kind, oil and vinegar kind), wrap it in a litltle skoash of bacon and grill it.  I don't know anybody that enjoys vension that ain't crazy for doves cooked thusly.

I had no idea such guns existed Manny.  Thanks for posting.  .45 cal at 900 fps is hog medicine I reckon, if one takes care of his end of the bargain with shot selection.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 09:59:46 am »
Justin...you like eating Dove?? I can't stand it...and the damned things are taking over texas too....but I don't shoot ...what I don't eat...and I can't give them all away..... :-\
Yes, I like dove.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah