Author Topic: pretty sure no one cares, but ima tell yall bout my dad's new truck  (Read 4510 times)

Offline recurve shooter

ok i know no one cares but i been running around all day tellin everyone about my dad's new toy. he had a chevy z71 before christmass, and totaled it, then bought a ford f250 and blew the head gasket, then he picked up another one for a grand in texas. ok its a 75 chevy short wheele base with a 350 crate motor in it with a raceing cam, edlebrok highrise intake system, holley double pumper four barrel carb, dual flowmaster trundowns, chrome manafolds and big fat raceing tires. this thing is pretty much just a gass guzling toy but man is it sweet!!!!! i want it! but he wont give it to me lol.  >:(
lets just shoot it

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: pretty sure no one cares, but ima tell yall bout my dad's new truck
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:32:51 am »
Cool,what do you mean no one cares,I was brought up working on and driving that kind of stuff,I love it already and ant even seen it. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:35:40 am »
an old chevy.nice. k20's are my favorite. and take them turndown flowmasters and add  tailpipes, out the back or in front of the rear wheel will make it louder
Modern Day Tramp

Offline cracker

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:01:46 pm »
I'm a gear head too. Got a 87 f250 with a full house 4wd and manual gearbox.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

HatchA

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 05:13:31 pm »
He picked that up for a grand??  Damn, I'm living in the wrong country!!

Nice toy he got.  Wait a while for him to get tired of passing everything out.....but a gas station ;D  then he'll pass it along to you ;)

Offline sailordad

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 07:52:53 pm »
sheesh why wouldnt we care
like pappy, i grew up driving and fixing them things
i like fords now,cause i have worked for them for 15 yrs and thats all i drive now

cracker: what do you mean by  "full house 4wd"?
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 10:37:58 pm »
lol well more replies than i expected. yeah he's working in texas right now (port author) and after blowing up the f250 he grabbed the first cheap thing he could find to get back to louisiana for easter, and he payed a thousand for a little orange shortbed on side of the road, and what a supprise under the hood. :D unfortunatly hes going to sell it as soon as he gets back to texas to buy something a little bigger, so bummer for me. guess its back to my old 89 dodge ram longbed with the 318.  :-\

HT, i love the old chevys to, my dream toy is a chevy 454 ss.  ;D ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline cracker

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 08:46:36 am »
sheesh why wouldnt we care
like pappy, i grew up driving and fixing them things
i like fords now,cause i have worked for them for 15 yrs and thats all i drive now

cracker: what do you mean by  "full house 4wd"?
Full house means 460 cubic inches in a Ford and 454 cubic inches in a Chevy.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline aero86

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:01:38 am »
wow, that sounds like a bargain!  tell him to bring it up this way and ill give him 1000 for it!  i love a car or truck with a cam.  i know its not much muscle, but ive got a built up sohc neon coupe thats got a pretty mean cam in it.  sounds pretty cool at stop lights and such.  i care about this stuff, cars are what i get paid for! archery is my side hobby!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 10:28:25 am »
lol i like anything that go's fast. im not much of a mechanic, my dady taught me  alot, but he left out the mechanic stuff lol. i cant wait for summer so i can start playing with my old dodge. it aint much of a base to work from, only got a 318, but better than nothing.

that chevy was a beast. whoever had it threw all their money and time under the hood and compleatly ignored asthetics, cuz it looks like crap lol, but it was a 75 so it was simple and easy to work on. man i wish he would have left it here.  :'(
lets just shoot it

Offline StevenT

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 12:50:01 pm »
Sounds like you should offer him $1000 and the price of a plane ticket to get him back.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 05:55:01 pm »
recurve,i dont think he was "ignoring the asthetics"
its called a sleeper
body work dont make them go fast,its under the hood that counts
plus when you pull up to some hot shot in his hot rod and you in what appears to be a P.O.S.
and blow them away from stop light to stop light,that gets their attention real quick  ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 10:45:49 am »
plus when you pull up to some hot shot in his hot rod and you in what appears to be a P.O.S.
and blow them away from stop light to stop light,that gets their attention real quick  ;)

i agree.  ;D

anyway after playing with that thing and leaving about half the rubber off of the back tiers on the asphalt, im gunna start playing with my dodge. only a 318 under the hood so i aint expecting much, but by playing with exaust, carbs, and intakes i should be able to at least get it to spin tiers lol.  ;D
lets just shoot it