Author Topic: No politics or religion?  (Read 13533 times)

Offline billy

No politics or religion?
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:59:48 pm »
It says in the rules that they don't want any talk about politics or religion in this "Around the Campfire" thread.  Isn't that what you always talk about when you're with friends around the campfire?   ;D   ;D   ;D
Marietta, Georgia

Offline cracker

Re: No politics or religion?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:02:15 pm »
Billy that rule is because politics and religion have caused some heated arguments and hurt feelings and I personally support the rule.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:31:51 pm »
 :-X :-X :-X O:)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:18:01 pm »
Not around my camp fire,or PA'S either. :) :) Dana  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 05:29:22 pm »
If you talk too much politics and religion, somebody eventually gets thrown into the campfire or hit upside the head with a stick of firewood. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mrkinsey

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 05:33:13 pm »
I talk about religion a lot (and not usually my own) around the campfire because that is what I am studying for a profession (pastor, university professor of religion/biblical studies).  Politics are not my cup of tea, however.  I think it's fairly safe to say that there are many good people, who are very intelligent and rational who differ from each other from one extreme to another especially in the realms of religion and politics.  In order to establish a more cohesive community of primitive archers, we need to look beyond that which divides us to that which unites us.  Hip Hip for Censorship!

There is always Hope.

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 05:58:31 pm »
Billy if only you were here to see the life and death of the "anything else" section....seems like everything posted on it was stretched and turned into religion or politics...the rule is def. a good thing trust us lol
GBR!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 07:12:20 pm »
And there are a lot of things that get evaporated before most of y'all ever see them. Around your own campfire, you are usually with your friends who are likely to be culturally very similar to you, but on here we have members from who knows how many countries, cultures, and religions around the world. As MRKinsey said, I would rather talk about the things we have in common than the things that we don't agree on.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline aero86

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:03:44 am »
yeah, like hillbilly said.  hard to be convincing 100's of miles away!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 10:29:52 am »
If you talk too much politics and religion, somebody eventually gets thrown into the campfire or hit upside the head with a stick of firewood. ;D

so painfully true.  ;D ;D :o
lets just shoot it

Offline billy

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 02:38:26 pm »
awww....well, I was really hoping we could get some political fist fights started!!  I just love seeing people beat each other up over what other people are doing....it's so fun!  Bar fight!!  Bar fight!!  Chairs flying!  People tripping over each other!  Bottles being thrown across the room!  Then we ALL get taken to jail in a paddy wagon!  Man, doesn't that sound like pure fun???  hahahah

Just kidding...

:D    :D    :D
Marietta, Georgia

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 04:27:51 pm »
And there are a lot of things that get evaporated before most of y'all ever see them. Around your own campfire, you are usually with your friends who are likely to be culturally very similar to you, but on here we have members from who knows how many countries, cultures, and religions around the world. As MRKinsey said, I would rather talk about the things we have in common than the things that we don't agree on.

Yep, O.K. around a real campfire, not so good on the net, you need eye to eye comunication on those kinda subjects
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 05:18:38 pm »
awww....well, I was really hoping we could get some political fist fights started!!  I just love seeing people beat each other up over what other people are doing....it's so fun!  Bar fight!!  Bar fight!!  Chairs flying!  People tripping over each other!  Bottles being thrown across the room!  Then we ALL get taken to jail in a paddy wagon!  Man, doesn't that sound like pure fun???  hahahah

Just kidding...

:D    :D    :D

How about when you get beat up.  Is it still fun then?
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mrkinsey

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 10:27:48 pm »
awww....well, I was really hoping we could get some political fist fights started!! 

Fights are never a good thing when the people involved know how to make sharp, pointy instruments of death.  Never a good thing (ouch).
There is always Hope.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 01:11:12 am »
awww....well, I was really hoping we could get some political fist fights started!! 

Fights are never a good thing when the people involved know how to make sharp, pointy instruments of death.  Never a good thing (ouch).

;D >:D ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd