Author Topic: No politics or religion?  (Read 13547 times)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: No politics or religion?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 10:23:07 am »
awww....well, I was really hoping we could get some political fist fights started!! 

Fights are never a good thing when the people involved know how to make sharp, pointy instruments of death.  Never a good thing (ouch).

;D >:D ;D

;D ;D O:)
lets just shoot it

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 03:48:31 pm »
awww....well, I was really hoping we could get some political fist fights started!! 

Fights are never a good thing when the people involved know how to make sharp, pointy instruments of death.  Never a good thing (ouch).

:) :) ;D >:( :( :o ::) :) ;) :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 07:28:40 pm »

:) :) ;D >:( :( :o ::) :) ;) :)

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X Eh
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 04:02:59 am »
I think I was in a saloon that you could have been shot over talking about P&R, once.  ONCE.
1’—>1’

Offline Dane

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 08:27:32 am »
There is this really cool Russian guy at my gun club. He told me this story, not sure it is true, that folks commonly carry small axes when they go into bars in whatever part of Russian he is from. Like little hawks, I guess. When a fight breaks out, out come the axes, and the hacking begins.

I kind of tend to believe him. His cure for a cold is a large amount of vodka mixed with paprkia! A cure I willl never try out.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

HatchA

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 09:04:22 am »
I think I was in a saloon that you could have been shot over talking about P&R, once.  ONCE.

Yeah, we got plenty of those pub's in Ireland too ;D

I kind of tend to believe him. His cure for a cold is a large amount of vodka mixed with paprkia! A cure I willl never try out.

Dane

I work with a load of Polish people and one of them told me the same thing.  Said it with such conviction too that I was almost tempted..... almost

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 12:29:54 pm »
i miss a good bar fight when everybody kicked the hell out of each other and then had some beers together later.  >:D the good ol days
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Dane

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 12:59:30 pm »
There was a club near my kaserne in Germany we called "the scum." Generally, the Turks and the Germans would get in really ugly fights, and any of our guys who were there joined in. Come Monday morning, the polizai and the club owner would show up at first formation, point out who was fighting, and they would be fined on the spot. What was so evil is that you would not only have to pay for the broken glasses, but the amount of profits the guy could expect for the life of the glass in drinks sold.

Yes, they were good times :)

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Lombard

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 01:50:22 pm »
At the pearly gates, to meet St. Peter, was a Priest, a Rabbi, and Hillary Clinton...  See, this proves religion and politics don't mix well. ;D

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 02:09:27 pm »
                                                                    :-X
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Traxx

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 02:26:55 pm »
i miss a good bar fight when everybody kicked the hell out of each other and then had some beers together later.   the good ol days
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im hearin ya man.
That was weekend entertainment.

Offline bow-toxo

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 03:01:03 pm »
And there are a lot of things that get evaporated before most of y'all ever see them. Around your own campfire, you are usually with your friends who are likely to be culturally very similar to you, but on here we have members from who knows how many countries, cultures, and religions around the world. As MRKinsey said, I would rather talk about the things we have in common than the things that we don't agree on.
Most folks born in the US have a cultural similarity but in a nearly 8 decade lifetime I haven't seen as much violent political hatred apart from the racial conflicts.

Offline Badger

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 03:17:42 pm »
   I was having a bow making session at my house one time when politics came up. Ruined the rest of the day. A couple of 1/2 finished bows got thrown like spears. No injuries but took a few months before all made up. I felt bad for not stepping in before it got to that point and saying no politics or religion here. A lady at my coffee shop through coffee in my face because I told her who I voted for after she asked. This lady is a college proffessor! I felt like pressing charges on her for a hate crime! Steve

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 03:24:40 pm »
You probably should have Steve.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 03:59:54 pm »
                        It all depends who ya voted fer...>:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome