Author Topic: hands on help  (Read 4033 times)

Offline wildman

hands on help
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:30:13 pm »
looking for some advice at the classic I feel I have gone as far as I can by trial and error and reading I'll bring plenty of rock  blue flint and obsidian looking forward to being around some knowledge , Hey my buddys a plumber could probably score some primo "johnny stone" ;D
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline DanaM

Re: hands on help
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:38:04 pm »
There will be lots of good knappers at the Classic and in my experience they are all willing to help.
Looking forward to meeting ya wildman :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:51:02 pm »
Lots of really great knappers were there last year, an all seem willing to help. I don,t think I moved from the knapping pit for four days. I wonder what the rest of the classics all about? Later Bob

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 08:11:39 pm »
Bob I spent plenty of time in the pit and I don't think I met ya ??? At least officially  :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:10:34 pm »
I learned a ton at the Classic last year.  Everybody there was more than willing to help.  Wish I could make it again,  I need to keep learning. ;)
Traverse City, MI

Offline StevenT

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 12:44:10 pm »
Hey Wildman, look forward to meeting you at the classic. I am bringing a tank, but don't know what kind it is and how well it will knap. Sounds like the guys prefer American Standard. If yoiu can get one, that would be great. If not, just bring what you can. I am sure it will all make something even if its pointy shapped gravel.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 01:24:11 pm »
Steven as fer the tank the old ones are thicker and knap better, hell none of them knap good but there is a difference

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 02:16:34 pm »
 You bring some of that Blue flint and you will have no trouble finding help. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 05:33:36 pm »
You'll have no trouble getting some knapping help at the classic. Just come over to the pit, put a great big chunk of blue flint in my bucket, and I'll get Eddie to give you some lessons. ;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 05:48:25 pm »
You'll have no trouble getting some knapping help at the classic. Just come over to the pit, put a great big chunk of blue flint in my bucket, and I'll get Eddie to give you some lessons. ;D ;D

;D ;D :D ;D ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline wildman

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 09:17:38 pm »
I don't know what max weight on a toyota truck bed is but I'll try to put a little blue flint in the back  ;D you guys are all right
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 07:26:01 am »
Max weight is just before the wheels rub on the fenders eh ;D

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 08:18:51 am »
wildman I ant much of a napper but have been around a lot and I can tell you some of the very best in the country will be at the pit and from what I have seen you will have no problem getting them to help,it is kind of like the bowyers in this bunch,some of the best and more than willing to lend a hand
and pass on there knowledge.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 08:13:25 pm »
Dana M. I am the grey haired old fart that came with Ryan O. You were probably to busy gatherin wood to remember me :D. I,ll seeya in a couple of weeks an make sure an introduce myself. Dang it's snowing here. Later Bob

Offline DanaM

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 09:18:56 pm »
Ya yer probobly right bob, snowed here yesterday, told Ryan it was comin yer way :D

Manistique, MI