Author Topic: snakes  (Read 4957 times)

Offline woodstick

snakes
« on: April 09, 2010, 10:43:45 pm »
well got 6 big timber ratller saturday and 2 copper heads, allready out thick. so keep 1 eye on the ground.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline NTD

Re: snakes
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:39:25 pm »
Yep they're out here.  I only got 1 diamondback but saw a lot of others, unfortunately too far gone for skins.
Nate Danforth

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 11:45:06 pm »
Ain't seen a dead one yet....and. won't go out and hunt them just for skins
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:29:43 am »
heck here in Mn. your lucky to see a snake period
we do have them but its hard to find them.we have some timber rattlers in the s.e. part of the state
other than that its garter snakes and such.i seen one garter snake last year.first snake i have seen in over 5 yrs.
so i will have to use other skins,but what to use  ::) :-\
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 11:12:12 am »
heck here in Mn. your lucky to see a snake period
we do have them but its hard to find them.we have some timber rattlers in the s.e. part of the state
other than that its garter snakes and such.i seen one garter snake last year.first snake i have seen in over 5 yrs.
so i will have to use other skins,but what to use  ::) :-\
A really good reason why I don't hunt them.  ;) Road kill is free game, as are snakes where kids are playing, but not healthy ones. I just don't like rodents that much.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Lombard

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 02:00:27 pm »
Yep, don't kill nothing, just for it's skin. I work in bushes and woods all the time, for almost thirty years, and all  the snakes I've encountered were doing their darnedest to get the heck away from me. Spiders on the other hand, have bitten me more than I care to remember.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 02:20:47 pm »
Ain't seen a dead one yet....and. won't go out and hunt them just for skins

Dontcha eat them?  We shot several big rattlers down in Laredo 3 or 4 years ago and I skinned and boned every one of them.   Breaded and fried...tasty!!! :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Kegan

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 03:25:13 pm »
All we have is a few little harmless ones. Not so easy to even find them dead on the road. However, if I resided some place where the meaner ones called home... well, I know what I'd be having for lunch ;)!

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 03:40:00 pm »
Snake- its what's for dinner ;D. They stink, at least the ones I've had, but good enough...
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 03:52:43 pm »
Yeah...I have eaten a bunch of Rattler....but have never bothered to bone them.....eat it like an artichoke...scrape your teeth down the bones....aint enough meat on these puny suckers to scrape off...all the big ones are gone....to many Rattler Roundups......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 06:04:36 pm »
Ah, these were all in the 6' neighborhood except the one I shot, which of course was the runt at about 4'.  I will start watching for them at the lease, though I've only seen 1 so far in the 2 years I've been there.   George
St Paul, TX