Author Topic: 2 part Fletching Question.  (Read 2132 times)

Offline agd68

2 part Fletching Question.
« on: April 15, 2010, 12:33:22 pm »
Hey All.

I've been making up some cane arrows with wild turkey fletches. Being as how my supply of RW fletches keeps getting lower I decided to try using the discarded portion of the feather which is basically a LW fletch anyway and try something different. I made LW 2 fletched arrows. Here are my questions.
1 Anyone shot both 2 and three fletch, what do you preferr, why?
2 I am a right hand shot,is there any difference between RW or LW fletches as far as which one I should shoot?
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: 2 part Fletching Question.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:36:51 pm »
1: Both work well if done correctly. Just depends on the look you want and the materials you have.

2: No. Not in my opinion. I shoot both, and can miss equally as well with one as the other. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

half eye

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:50:21 pm »
What Hillbilly said ;) I also use both sides of each feather and have noticed no difference between the left or right. I do use about 2-3 degree offset instead of full helical however, only because I generally make the fletch around 6+ inches.
Rich

Cacatch

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 12:52:31 pm »
So far I have seen my cane arrows fly faster, and straighter off my locust bow than my 3 fletch. From now on, all arrows I make for that bow will be cherokee 2-fletch wild turkey. I'm sold on the 2 fletch, at least for that bow. Every bow can have its own preferences though. This bow shoots the 3 fletch good, it just seems to shoot the 2 fletch even better.

Offline agd68

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 03:36:58 pm »
Thanks. Just made the two fletched up on a whim last night, can't wait to get out and shoot them.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh