Author Topic: where to get copperhead skins ?  (Read 21495 times)

Offline sonny

where to get copperhead skins ?
« on: March 24, 2007, 09:50:12 am »
I haven't been able to locate any on-line suppliers of copperhead skins. someone mentioned Pine Hollow Longbows but I contacted him and he replied that he rarely gets them.

any of y'all know where I can get a pair ??
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: where to get copperhead skins ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:22:22 am »
Good question, I'd like to have a pair myself. Mike Yancey is the only place I recall seeing them advertised, so if he didn't have 'em, I don't know. I've got a little osage bow in the works that I'd like to put some on, guess I'll have to go out when it warms up and turn over some rocks. I had a friend who got bitten by one last summer and spent a couple weeks with a black balloon-hand. I asked him why he didn't save the skin for me. He wasn't too amused ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 11:07:49 am »
Add me to the list.  ;D Actually I know where there are a bunch of old mines that western diamond backs winter in.  I need to go see if I can find a few. Besides I have developed a liking for the taste, and my kids have never eaten them.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 11:44:15 am »
I've been wanting copperheads for a shorty bow for a long time. If anyone locates a place to get em, let me know. We have em around here, but the biggest ones I've seen have been 12 - 20 inches. My bows not quite that short. Justin, If you get too many, I'll take some off your hands. I just ordered three more sets from 3 Rivers.... Ouch :'(

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 08:01:39 am »
Have ya tried Pappy's freezer :o ;D ;)

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline TreyNC

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 03:55:39 pm »
They taste good too. I have a couple in the freezer. A friend of mine kills things around his house fairly indiscriminately and saves certain animals for me. Only place I have found.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 10:02:16 pm »
  I gave up on copperheads,I need some western Diamond Backs.Our Eastern's are too big.Also ,do you think Copperheads are getting scarce because of Bowyers or Global Warming?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

JSU

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 11:36:28 pm »
Every dog and cat I have has been bit by Copperheads. Those things are mighty aggressive. They will bite a lot quicker than the diamondbacks! I kill a few of them but there isn't enough of them left to back a bow when I'm through with them!! SHOVEL< ROCKS< SHOTGUN

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 11:49:10 pm »
Scotty, maybe I need to come back for a snake haevest to go along with all that wood I got ;D

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 08:34:19 am »
Eddie, it's Pat and his lawnmower that got 'em all lol.
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 08:45:53 am »

Persimmon,
I've got a pair on a bow I'm working on, but I'm not really willing to take them off for you...sorry. ;D
We just put the word out for people to save them for us if they run over one, etc. The pair I used had one skin damaged, so I wasn't able to go full length of the bow. Will be posting the bow soon, waiting until its finished. Other work has been getting in the way lately.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 12:41:48 pm »
i just bought one on ebay for $20.  now i have to find one to match.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 01:00:13 pm »
Maybe we all need to tie burlap around our legs and go wade through the bushes ;D I've had a couple people bring me dead copperheads, but they usually look like they've been run through a meat grinder after people get done shootin', beatin', and choppin' on 'em.
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline sonny

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 01:08:16 pm »
hey Chris, I'll give you $15.00 for it.  ;)
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 11:11:14 pm »
their fairly common in north TX - wish I had kept all the one's I've killed, will from now on of course. Mom tells me their's a bag of frozen one's in her freezer - I gotta check that out in a few days.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.