Author Topic: Update on Keenan  (Read 23830 times)

Offline Keenan

Update on Keenan
« on: April 19, 2010, 11:01:29 pm »
Hey there everyone at P.A.,
This is LuLyn, Keenan's wife. I wasn't sure where to post, so I am hoping this is the right spot. I haven't posted too much on my own. Well, the reason I am on, is that Keenan and I are most likely not going to be coming to the Tennessee classic as planned. We were really planning and looking forward to the trip, but as life goes sometimes, we have had some changes. First of all, Keenan's back is pretty bad and he really needs to have his surgery to fuse his spine. I actually haven't been sure he really could make the trip, with all the pain he has been in of late. Last night, he slipped getting out of the shower and fell really hard. I took him to the ER, because his back pain and leg spasms became severe after the fall. After alot of pain medicine(enough to snow an elephant), he finally got some relief. He checked out okay, no serious damage caused from the fall. But it has raised the concern that the trip could do more damage to his back. We saw his surgeon today, and the doctor agree's the trip wouldn't be good for him. My feeling, after alot of prayer and thought is that he needs this surgery as soon as possible. Keenan is really stubborn, ( I know that probably comes as a surprise, Ha! Ha!) and feels he needs to go on the trip because he doesn't want to let everyone down. I told him he could still mail his gifts off to everyone, and we can plan for next year. Plus, he will be feeling alot better after his surgery for next year. I believe the Lord knows what's best and it seems he is pointing us towards this surgery as soon as possible.
Also, my dad is having some very serious health issue's right now and is staying with us. I know that it would not be a good time to leave my dad, as he has some very important upcoming procedure's and we are his only family.
So, to make a long story short, I wanted to let everyone know the news, and I am hoping that Keenan's good friends here at PA will send him some encouragement on this most difficult change of plans.      Blessings to everyone and thanks for your support. I look forward to next year! :)  LuLyn

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
Re: Update on Keenan
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 11:12:32 pm »
Will keep you guys in my prayers.  Chin up Keenan!
laugh. its good for ya

Manager

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:32:26 pm »

Prayers and hugs to you and Keenan!

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 12:01:47 am »
Prayers for you guys. Hope all goes well

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 12:03:06 am »
Lulyn, You guys do what you have to do. We all understand. I can sympathies, somewhat, with what Keenan is going through. I also wondered if he would be able to make the trip but was hoping he would be well enough. Getting him well is the most important thing right now(and taking care of your Dad). Please keep us informed and know you both are in my thoughts. Next year will be here before we all know it!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 12:09:28 am »
Get well soon, Keenan.  You take good care of him Lulyn and I look forward to meeting you both and seeing that Tipi next year.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 01:25:40 am »
Lulyn...You sit on Him ...if You have to....He needs to get well and get that Back fixed proper...there is always next year...I have L4 and 5 in dire Shape myself...but not nearly as Bad a Keenan...My Brother and Mom both had the same troubles...Mom had Hers fused...Brother opted for the Disc Replacement....Mom is doing great....Brother is in more Pain now than before....go figure!

So that being said....Keenan...Stay Home...get better...come play next Year...and as for the Skins...there is always Snail Mail...... ;)

Prayers going out for that Stubborn Man of Yours...and you Father Lulyn....God Bless
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 08:08:37 am »
Family always comes first, take care and get well eh
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Timo

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 08:47:19 am »
Prayers sent. I was looking forward to meeting you guys this year,bit I guess know I already have something to look forward to a year from now?

Offline cracker

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 08:57:22 am »
Best wishes do what you need to do to get Keenan well.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 09:50:14 am »
Lulyn this is disappointing news as I was really looking forward to meeting you all.  I know Keenan is especially frustrated.  Get him well so he can come back next year.  Then we can have a party in the Tipi.  ~The First Annual Tipi Bash 2011~   ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 10:15:55 am »
I am so sorry,but he needs to take care of his self and family first.We will for sure miss getting to meet both of yall but in all it is just a get togeather and we can meet you at another time.Good luck with all that is going on and we will be thinking of yall.You will be in my thoughts and payres.If you need anything I can help with ,please let me know.Good luck. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 10:41:37 am »
Praying for yoy buddy. Get well and we will all get to meet you next year.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 12:05:33 pm »
 Keenan, you need to get well first. With your back hurting that much you wouldn't be able to do anything fun except tip those jars of Spring water. Get that back fixed and we'll see you next year. And maybe then, the only difference is you'll feel better and be a year older. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 05:57:25 pm »
 Hey everybody,
LuLyn here. :) Thanks so much for the support and encouragement. A tipi party next year sounds awesome, I am loving the tipi bash 2011 thing. I may have some Tshirts made up, so when we get there you'll recgonize us. Of course, we are both under 5'6" and blonde and are staying in a tipi. Ha! Ha!
Keep the support up, my stubborn hubby needs it. It is pretty frustrating to look forward to something so much and then have it slip away. He is pretty disappointed.On the flip side, next year, he will be in alot better shape and will enjoy the event so much more. I better be careful, he might get well enough to give me a run for my money, because I can take him right now!! It's the only way I can keep him in line. Ha!! Ha!!
He was out in his shop this morning and I think you will be seeing some more creations from him soon. Such a talented lil fella, he is.
I guess I will be posting on her a little more frequently, so I can keep you posted on Keenan's progress. Thanks again everyone , and I can't wait for next year. LuLyn