Author Topic: Update on Keenan  (Read 24015 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Update on Keenan
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 09:00:41 am »
Pray for the best Keenan,hang in there . :) Hope for a full recovery and also for you Father in law,tough road sometimes. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 10:22:00 pm »
Prayers and good thought going out to you! Hope it gets done quick and your back on your feet in no time!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Keenan

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2010, 01:13:26 am »
Hey everyone,
I hope once again that I am posting in the right place. I just wanted to let everyone know how Keenan is doing. He had his back surgery yesterday and it was quite extensive. He was in surgery for 6 hrs and then in recovery for 4 hours. The surgeon says that his surgery went extremely well. It took a long time because his back is so seriously damaged. But we are hoping after recovery this surgery is really going to help him become functional again without all the pain. It will be a long recovery, but I asked the doctor today if we will make hunting season this August and he thinks we can shoot for it. :) I actually explained that all Keenan needed to do was guide for me and call the elk in and I would do the rest!! Ha ! Ha! I mean we could camo spray paint his walker and make little hooks for his bugle , etc.
He is in alot of pain, but he did get up and walk today. He is a tough cookie! This is where the stubborness and strongwill pays off.  I hate to admit that, because he is a stubborn one.Ha! Ha!I am hoping he can come home in the next few days, but we will just have to see how he progresses. I also have to mention, the doctor said that he will be an inch taller now. Look out!!
Thanks everyone for all the prayers and support. I will take good care of my hubby... we gotta make the tipi bash next year in Tennessee.
Also, a quick note on my dad. We will be seeing the oncologist tommorrow to find out what his treatment options for his cancer are. One day at a time!! Blessings and prayers for all of you that had flooding troubles back there. LuLyn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2010, 10:37:42 am »
Good to hear,I will keep him in my thoughts,it is a little tough around here but nothing like what you got going on,Hang in there ,if I can do anything from here let me know.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RG

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2010, 11:21:22 am »
Keenan and Lulyn hang in there and be tough I am living proof that prayer goes a long way I am home now but the pain is pretty tough
it is hard to keep my right arm up to the key board right now but that to will get better Pray a lot and know that we in my household are praying with you

Ron

Offline cracker

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2010, 02:18:45 pm »
LuLyn take care of Keenan. You got prayers and good wishes from me and mine.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2010, 06:47:02 pm »
I'm right there with the two Rons! One day at a time and lots of prayers, good wishes and some bed rest will have you on your feet in no time.  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2010, 07:14:04 pm »
Keenan....good thoughts and prayers coming at You from the Texas Panhandle....and a word of warning....if a package arrives from Whibley Island...don't open it.....if it smells like Lemongrass.....or Green Tea...... O:)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 07:39:07 pm »
Yeah, right Mike! Just you wait!!!!

Keenan, you still have access to them cow paddies?  ;D

Tiller

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2010, 10:46:17 pm »
                                                            ;D........ ;D......... ;).......... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2010, 06:00:05 pm »

Keenan, prayers, and good wishes to you and your Father n Law.  Attitude, attitude, attitude!  Makes the difference!

Tiller, do I get the impression that you are about to create a new scented soap, just for El D?  Something on the line of " EU DE Pasture " ?  Or Essence of Boef Pate' " ?  Hey, do you make any soap with "Dragon's blood" blood in it?  It is sap, or oil from the Brazilian tree, called el Draco.  Or dragon. It is red in color.  Hence the name dragon's blood. ;) It is really quite an invigorating scent.  8)  It would make a great aroma therapy scent.   I bought some at a pow wow down here, a while back.  Been trying to find more, and found a store that carries that brand.  Kinda pricey, but if you want to dance, you have to pay the piper, right?  Lulyn, take care of yourself also.  I hope you have some help now and then. I hope you do get to go hunting this year, and you get a "Royal" !! :o  Even If you have to put him in the toboggan, and tow him to the spot, with the four wheeler! ;D  But then again, he just might like that, and want to do it again next year. ::)  Uh......when you get one, who is going to skin, and quarter it up, and haul it back?  You might have to dump him off the sled, and load the elk up, and take it back to the house, and then come back for him. ::)  That is if you get the meat, hung up, and get yourself some coffee, or tea, and still have time to get back up to him before dark..... ;D  That way, he won't be milking his temporary condition . ;)  He'll just have to hurry up and heal up, and take care of the elk himself. ;)  Take care, and again, prayers, and good wishes, to Keenan, and your Dad.

Wayne

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2010, 07:03:49 pm »
Wayne, never heard of Dragons Blood before. Sounds kinda interesting though!

El D, may get a real special soap one of these days. L'eau de Moo? ;-)

Hope your feeling better Keenan! We have got to get together again and do some knapping, archery and bow building.

David

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2010, 07:11:06 pm »
You mean L' eau De Moo Poo- Poo...... ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:22:09 pm by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2010, 07:15:35 pm »
Yup!

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2010, 08:52:11 pm »
Has anyone heard a word? I have not heard anything from anyone...don't even know if Keenan got the Shirt I had everyone sign or not...lets hear it ...if you have any updates on Keenan and Family...please
2024...We Will Overcome