Author Topic: just in weather forcast for tn classic  (Read 21040 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: just in weather forcast for tn classic
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 01:09:14 pm »
sunny and cool every day       0 chance of rain      high 65  low 45 every day,, :o

;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 01:48:40 pm »
Just as we were about to cross that bridge both Wade and I looked just in time to see a big tree get sucked under it. Was a bit hairy just crossing it. The road to Lebanon was closed when we tried to go that way so we went a bit more east to Carthage. There is some beautiful country in that part of Tenn that we would have missed seeing otherwise on the interstate. I'd bet without all the water it would be even more beautiful.
...oh! and it was very sunny under the shelter of the working area at the Classic.  ;D  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 01:55:33 pm »
I've used highway 70N a number of times to bypass traffic on the interstate.  It's really nice country, especially further east into the hills.

Offline yazoo

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 04:56:53 pm »
ok I missed the forcast alittle,  but on the bright side the carp were comming up in the parkin lot this morning ;D
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 05:44:01 pm »
;D ;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2010, 09:28:57 pm »
 We crossed that bridge after y'all. The water was lapping at the bottom and the bridge was shaking. We made it past the Little Barren River just before they shut everything down and started evacuations because of a dam they thought would fail.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline StevenT

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2010, 06:20:32 pm »
When I left Sunday morning I was ok until I got to Nashville on I40. Freeway closed a couple miles ahead of me and I was sitting up on the freeway stuck with everyone else. There was an on ramp about a mile in from of me and people started going down the on ramp. The shoulder soon became a new lane as people headed for the on ramp. I got in line with them and exited I40 right next to OpryLand hotel. Water everywhere! I was able to pull up the roads via GPS on my iPhone and see the bad roads. Took me a couple hours to travel through downtown Nashville to get to the other side and was able to eventually get back up on I40 past the flooding. About a half hour out of Nashville it started clearing up and within an hour I traveling in sunshine. I felt pretty luck to get through Nashville, especially after getting home and seeing the pictures.

Hillbilly said it would rain like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Well, that was a lot of piss! I have only seen it rain that hard once in my lifetime and that was during the middle of a 200 MPH typhoon while stationed on Guam.