Author Topic: A quick look at the TN Classic 2010 Pics  (Read 24765 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: A quick look at the TN Classic 2010 Pics
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 11:43:39 am »
  Dang, Steve, you made it home yesterday? We got home at 3:30AM.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 12:04:19 pm »
I just got Home at 3:45 or so myself...rough few Days....but I would not trade them for anything....will post Pictures...and Videos later....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 12:15:44 pm »
  Dang, Steve, you made it home yesterday? We got home at 3:30AM.

Eddie, we were home by a little after six yesterday afternoon, and stopped a couple times on the way up. It was rough going through the middle of that stuff, but we saved several hours of driving by not going the central Kentucky route. Once we got on I-40 about 50 miles east of Nashville, it wasn't even raining at all.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 02:52:10 pm »
Eddie & Kathy I'm glad you made it home safely, David did you guys make it alright? How about everyone else? Please post love to here what your story is for going home. Boy, going around your..............to get home was not fun. Steve had blisters on his hand from griping the wheel, rain was coming down so hard you could not see a lick in front of you. I hope everyone made it home safely. Thank you Pappy for a wonderful weekend, it was wet but fun. Ron I hope everything goes well this week for you, I will be thinking of you, it was nice talking to your son Chris great guy. We down loaded the pics last night, great shots, Steve will work on getting them posted. Can't wait to get my T-Shirt I sirvied the 13th annual Tennessee Classic.  ;D

Tina
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 03:08:53 pm »
Mrs. Hillbilly:
If you mean me ( David Key ) the yes we, my son Forrest and I,  made it home safe.
Our tent was full of water. (on top of the hill)
So, Saturday afternoon we STUFFED everthing into the car and got a hotel room for Sat. night.
We left Sunday around noon and just made it through Nashville before the south bound lanes of I65 were closed.  The north lanes were covered in water and closed when we went through.
Once we were 20 miles or so south of Nashville the rain almost stopped.  However, The rivers were FULL.
Good knapping rock will be unearthed by all the flooding in the rivers. ;)
We had good wet fun and it is always nice to see everone.

Maybe, if we are all good little boys and girls, O:) O:) O:) it wont rain next year.

David
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:50:04 pm by RidgeRunner »
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 04:21:43 pm »
We made it safe and sound.. ;) we went out 24 to 40 east it was down to one lane on 40 because of flooding but was still open but it was only about a 5min delay.. other than that it rained on us almost all the way back home and now it is raining here.. I think my toes are starting to web..lol...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 04:38:37 pm »
Yup, misserable rain - but a great time nonetheless! Me and Em made it through Nashville ok, and drove out from under the cloud somewhere around Franklin. Smooth sailing from that point on, man that sun sure was a welcome sight ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 04:45:19 pm »
Glad to Hear that You and Em made it without having to reroute like I did...I went into Kentucky...and snaked through to come out near Little Rock...then it was just flooded Roadsides...and Bridges about under Water...but no Roadblocks or Delays...the Detour put me about 4 hours longer getting back...but I made it safely....only fell asleep at the Wheel about 20 times....that I can remember.......... :P

Yazoo....did you find any of Your Pots and Pans....... ???
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline yazoo

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 04:51:55 pm »
we found 1 this morning,, a few washed away,,but they were dirty any way,,,,when we came through nashville  today they were using  boats in parkin lots in town,, I took some photo I will post when I wake up
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 05:04:43 pm »
I sure did have a blast at the Classic this year!!! Wed/Thur/Fri were fantastic and as for the rain on Sat and Sun. That just let me visit more and learn some more from the knappers!!!! Ranger B it was wonderful to meet you and get your book....already started on it and enjoying it!!!! I've got alot of pictures and hope to get some up and posted pretyy soon!!!!   Tomi Varnell   ;D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 06:23:06 pm »
Almost hate to say this but Jesse and I had a uneventful trip back up North, other than Jesse's gas problem, had to ride with my head hanging out
da window from about Chicago on :P Beautiful day here in the UP 60 and sunny a little windy but perfect for drying wet tents and such, got the grill going
and doing a little knappin eh ;D Glad all you southern folk made it home safe and sound :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 07:06:32 pm »
Just talked with Eloise, Wolfwatchers wife and Joe is in Nebraska and headed for home, he had the longest drive of all of us.
But I do believe he is also the tougher than all of us youngins eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 08:31:50 pm »
It followed us here, so we got to experience the same glob of rain all over again. By the time I woke up this morning, we had flood warnings here in my county; and I got to drive forty miles to work through a driving downpour in the dark-yippee. At least the front was moving by the time it got here-it's mostly cleared out now.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 08:42:18 pm »
On Sunday I had to drive to Fort Rucker, AL. I'm here now and it's pouring rain - has been all day. Supposed to rain for 3 days here now. I can't escape this stuff.

I posted this thread on Leatherwall as well and got the same heart felt responses. It seems that the classic is more enjoyable each year. Where to next year? How can it get better? Only one way - even more of our primitive folks to make the trip. Thus, more family at the reunion.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 09:19:45 pm »
That same front is supposed to get here Wednesday but die out. In 3 weeks our rainy season starts ;D. I hope now if I see you guys driving in the rain in Florida you know how to do it. No more 45mph on the Interstate like sheep with your Emergency Flashers on like,, there is an emergency. ::) ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?