Author Topic: Oops, better call 911  (Read 4225 times)

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
Oops, better call 911
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:45:22 pm »

Offline sonny

Re: Oops, better call 911
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 09:18:03 am »
archery equipment should be outlawed.  ;)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

HatchA

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 12:06:30 pm »
"Giovannini was treated at the Capital Health Regional Medical Center for a four inch puncture wound to the back."

What'd he use, a kid's bow?

Wonder if he used a 3D point or a broadhead ;D

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 04:25:30 pm »
That crappy newspaper didn't include a full draw pic of the bow.   >:(
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

HatchA

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 06:14:30 pm »
That crappy newspaper didn't include a full draw pic of the bow.   >:(

Brilliant!!  I love it!! ;D

Offline Kegan

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 12:01:41 pm »
"Giovannini was treated at the Capital Health Regional Medical Center for a four inch puncture wound to the back."

What'd he use, a kid's bow?

Wonder if he used a 3D point or a broadhead ;D

That was my first reaction too!

"He couldn't have wanted to hurt him that much if he only got 4" of penetration..."

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »
Bows will be the next thing that the Nobama Regime will be out for....No More Bent Sticks......Period.....I just hope Nancy Pelosi can't read News Paper Print..... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:45:16 pm »
Bows will be the next thing that the Nobama Regime will be out for....No More Bent Sticks......Period.....I just hope Nancy Pelosi can't read News Paper Print..... >:D

Mike I do believe you will get a scolding for this one  :o ::) :P :'(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 05:59:03 am »

A four inch penetration in the back, or front is nothing to sneer at. ;)  Depending on the build, and where in the back it hit, four inches could reach the lungs, from the back, destroy a kidney,  or other organs, and paralyze from the entry wound down,etc. :o
I would guess he used a target point, and not target field point, the ones that taper to a point.  Good thing it was not a broad head.
Or obsidian........ ;D  Mr. Wood reminds me of the story of Paul Revere.  ......a little light in the belfry........ ;D

Wayne

Offline Kegan

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 11:46:52 am »

A four inch penetration in the back, or front is nothing to sneer at. ;)  Depending on the build, and where in the back it hit, four inches could reach the lungs, from the back, destroy a kidney,  or other organs, and paralyze from the entry wound down,etc. :o
I would guess he used a target point, and not target field point, the ones that taper to a point.  Good thing it was not a broad head.
Or obsidian........ ;D  Mr. Wood reminds me of the story of Paul Revere.  ......a little light in the belfry........ ;D

Wayne

Naw. Lethal yes, but Maurice thompson wrote of a ladies 30# bow being capable of shooting through a man I beleive. And we all want a pass through to make sure for a short tracking job :-X!

Why didn't he use blunts though> that would hurt SOOOO much worse :o!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 05:36:31 pm »

Oh, yes, a thirty pound bow will do that.  My Buddy in Montana, when he was a teenager in Michigan, wanted to go bow hunting, and only had a thirty pound target bow, and a couple of hunting arrows, so he went, and killed a doe, at a little over 20yds.
Oh, yeah, blunts would indeed do the trick.  Or a Judo point..... :P     Either would leave a mark...... ;D

Wayne