Author Topic: Brush with death  (Read 5513 times)

Offline kylerprochaska

Brush with death
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:34:49 am »
Today on my way to work I came as close to death as I ever have before.  I was northbound on a two lane highway going about 65mph and a southbound semi truck pulling a cattle trailer wasn't paying attention.  in a matter of miliseconds he was halfway in my lane and I had to swerve to miss him.  The semi/trailer was less than a foot outside of my driver's side mirror.  If I wouldn't have seen him I would surely be dead on impact from the head on collision. When I looked in my mirror after it had happened the vehicle behind him was slamming on the brakes, Im guessing because he though there was going to be an accident.  I feel darn lucky to be alive and have never felt more thankful to have the life that I do right now.  Just thought I would share this story with you to remind everyone to thank whatever God you worship for each day you have because you never know when it is going to end. Stay safe out there everyone.

Kyler
GBR!

Offline huntertrapper

Re: Brush with death
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 09:58:00 am »
You never know. Ive had a few close encounters driving and since i started riding
Modern Day Tramp

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 09:59:17 am »
Glad he missed and that you were paying attention.
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 12:29:05 pm »
That's crazy man I am glad you are okay.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 12:36:26 pm »
Been there....Done that....and twice I have been a lot less lucky than you....keep your eyes open my Friend....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 12:44:53 pm »
Can't count how many close calls I've had while riding.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 12:58:26 pm »
Wait till You have nearly 40 years of Riding Experience....You tend to get used to the Idiots out there.... >:(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

DCM4

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 06:29:40 pm »
Sound advice, regardless of the potential calamity or hazard.  Not a matter of whether, but when the reaper will come creepin.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 07:20:29 pm »
Things like that'll sure shake you up. I bet you drove on in a lot slower.
 I met a guy pulling a big bat wing disc on a trailor last fall. About 50 yards before we passed...it unfolded :o  That thing took ALL of my side of the road and was about windshield level. I took the ditch and through somebodys yard to avoid it.   It'll really make you think about where you stand in life.
 Glad you made it OK
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 09:06:18 pm »
I think most folks have been there done that, I don't even want to think of all the near misses, many my fault some not. Life goes on so make sure to live it to the fullest as it can end anytime eh.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

HatchA

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 09:28:27 pm »
Life goes on so make sure to live it to the fullest as it can end anytime eh.

Amen, Brother!  Glad you're ok.

Lombard

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 11:11:38 am »
Glad you made it.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:13:19 pm »
 Another good reason to make sure you have clean underwear on. Glad it wasn't your turn at the Pearly Gates.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 02:43:42 pm »
Eddie I never understood the clean underwear thing cause if it's close enough you're liable to soil them anyway.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 02:58:18 pm »
Eddie I never understood the clean underwear thing cause if it's close enough you're liable to soil them anyway.

I didn't....I go Commando.....  ;D .....But I heard I made.one hell of a mess on the Operating Table........ >:D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:01:56 pm by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome