Author Topic: Have you ever wondered...  (Read 14400 times)

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
Have you ever wondered...
« on: May 07, 2010, 01:31:37 pm »

Talent appears throughout the ages at varying degrees...but there is one constant:  There's always someone who can draw.  If only 1% of the population has an artistic talent, and 1% of those artists can look at a target and then draw an accurate representation of said target, and only 1% of those people actually get themselves in a situation to where their art will be viewed and deemed worthy of saving, and only 1% of those people isn't a total douche, then there's still a couple people with all the above qualities producing good work.  Looking at artwork 100's to 1000's of years in age I see inanimate objects drawn with proper scale and dimension...bows, for example:  There are people out there who make functioning bows based on dimensions they gained from artwork thousands of years in age.

What's the point of this?  Knowing all of the above, I have come to a couple conclusions:

Humans made a dramatic switch from monocular to binocular vision somewhere around the mid-1500's.  The obvious most obvious explanation is that mankind developed a second eye.  People argue this point with because pictures always show people with two eyes.  I think artists simple knew the second eye was coming and compensated so when people look back at their work no one will think its weird.  Another, but far less plausible explanation is that our heads suddenly got bigger and it allowed our eyes to gain enough distance from one another to properly identify distance and dimension.

It's either that or people really looked like that a thousand years ago.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline dmassphoto

Re: Have you ever wondered...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 01:46:05 pm »
lol, beautiful painting, but what?

Where is that image from?

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 01:51:14 pm »
From one book or another...it's irrellevent...I could put a pic up from any text 1000+ years old and the same would apply.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 02:04:48 pm »
Um... are you saying humans were cyclops? ???

Sorry, you lost me here.

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 02:07:53 pm »

Sorry, you lost me here.

Is there a better explanation as to why 99% of the artwork was unidimensional?

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 02:24:35 pm »

Sorry, you lost me here.

Is there a better explanation as to why 99% of the artwork was unidimensional?

Because it's on a flat surface?  So you're saying humans only had one eye up until the 16th century? 

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 02:34:32 pm »
So you're saying humans only had one eye up until the 16th century?

Obviously.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 02:42:17 pm »
Then why are there no pictures of the transitional period between one eye and two eyes?  In evolution there is always a transitional period between something as drastic as an extra eye forming in a species.  I think I would believe more in peoples perceptions in drawing changing before believing early humans were cyclopses.  As many movements in the Art world as there always have been this seems more likely...  Just my opinion... 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 03:02:22 pm »
Then why are there no pictures of the transitional period between one eye and two eyes?  In evolution there is always a transitional period between something as drastic as an extra eye forming in a species.  I think I would believe more in peoples perceptions in drawing changing before believing early humans were cyclopses.  As many movements in the Art world as there always have been this seems more likely...  Just my opinion... 

It's my belief that the whole thing is a cover-up...the oldest in recorded history...by the Catholic church to prevent hard evidence of evolution from becoming common knowledge.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 03:04:53 pm »
I will say one thing NO RELIGION EH! See da rules !!!
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 03:07:50 pm »
It's not about religion.  It's about your great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather only having one eye.

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 03:12:53 pm »
I'm not so sure about my ancestors having one eye, but I DO know they had two brains.

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 03:15:19 pm »
Another possible complicated...even if there were possibly two eyes (which there weren't).  If the brains received slightly different signals and couldn't decide which was the correct one, you would get a combination of the two which, after focusing, would be one-dimensional.

very interesting....

Offline NTD

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 03:49:25 pm »
Dude are you High? Just messing around?  Or do you really believe this?
Nate Danforth

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 03:51:00 pm »
Dude are you High? Just messing around?  Or do you really believe this?

Are all three of these questions necessary?