Author Topic: metal for points..  (Read 1940 times)

Offline aero86

metal for points..
« on: May 10, 2010, 02:31:00 pm »
i wanna make some metal points.  ive made three out of used saw-all blades.  they turned out pretty good.  i wouldnt use them for large game as they are legal, but i was thinking they could be used for small game.  what do you guys think?
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: metal for points..
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 02:50:55 pm »
aero:  First I want to thank you for the donation of the arrows for the raffle.  There seemed to be a lot of people wanting to win it.  Hawk Huston and I made a bunch of metal hunting points out of one of his old log slabbing blades.  We hunted rabbits in heavy sage brush and they were incredable.  I would not hesitate to use them on big game!  If you would like I will send you a couple to try as soon as I get healed up enough to make them!  I have a metal band saw that I built a work platform for and can cut the blades to dimension.  The blades are quite thin and just wide enough to get the width right.  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 03:48:46 pm »
sure, id take some to try!  i guess send me a pm when your ready
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 07:31:29 pm »
It will be a few days for me to heal up some, but it doesn't take long to make them---less time than a good Ishi!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight