Author Topic: Wheel Bow 3D  (Read 2113 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Wheel Bow 3D
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:57:07 am »
getting ready to go shoot a couple rounds at a 3D shoot. If I'm VERRRRY lucky their might be another trad shooter. I didn't realize how slow compound shooting was, until I was practicing last night and would shoot 4 arrows in about 20 seconds. Heck that wasn't even enough time to get my stool set down, or binocs turn back on my chest, or fiddle with the 3 releases in my pouch, or ask someone to whisper a little quieter ;D I sure miss those days ::).....NOT And I forgot about using the credit card to see if the shaft touched the line :D :D. But after not shooting for 5 years, it will be nice to see some old friends (if they are still shooting)
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline sonny

Re: Wheel Bow 3D
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:45:43 am »
....or to get drawn on the target only to let down to stare at it for another minute or so with the binocs. That's not something I did but shot with folks that did it.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 01:40:53 pm »
I don't miss it a Bit...Shot Tri-State for Years...got to the Point that is was so damned monotonous...just like watching Paint Dry....ain't shot one now in 6 years
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 10:38:04 pm »
Well. It was ok today till the last 3 targets of the 2nd round. I stood and waited and watched while the shooter 2 stakes ahead, steped up, judged the target, dialed his scope, set his bow down, used the binocs, looked at the target.....You get the picture ::) I sure don't miss that. I will say this. The 3 compound shooterd I shot with were very nice and kept a good pace. Did I mention I was the only trad shooter there till the last shooters went out? :( Still had a great time missing the big foam with a little arrow ;D
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2