Author Topic: Happy Dad!  (Read 6933 times)

Offline Timo

Happy Dad!
« on: May 08, 2010, 12:43:01 pm »
My youngest daughter(16yrs) asked me the other day about hunting again this year. She killed her first gobbler when she was 13 but kinda lost interest. I never pushed her. She came around. ;)

I scouted some birds last night and got set up one them this morning. Cool 40 degrees. The birds we were after were henned up bad and finally left the field. We waited an hour and I started calling again. One answered back up the creek, I made another call and he cut me off. I told her to turn to him which she did, just in time to see him coming quick across a ditch,crossed the fence row and came into the field were we where set up, he saw the deke and got fired up, The sun was at his back and had his fan illuminated,it was a dandy sight to see,a few steps later and he was down. Took about 5 mins. (sometimes it seems to easy) ???

38 steps with a 20 ga, 22 1/2 #, 11 1/4" beard, only grew one spur and it was a sharp inch. She and me are very happy hunters.

This is my baby.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Happy Dad!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 01:05:17 pm »
There you go!. A lovely daughter and a great looking bird.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 01:35:33 pm »
Nice Birds ...Congrats to You Lovely Daughter for Her Second Tom...and being able to spend time in the Woods Hunting with Her.....But Tim...I am very observant...being a Yooper and all....You must have Married a Looker.....Nuff Said........ >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 02:39:09 pm »
Very cool Tim.  8)  I was thinking what El D said but I have more cooth!  ;D She is a beautiful young lady. Congrats to her ( whatever her name is  ::) ) and to you for a successful hunt and hunter.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 02:39:59 pm »
timo good for her and you

i love hunting with my kid(s).one will the other never wanted to,yet.
nice looking tom,tell her congrats on a dandy
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 03:08:17 pm »
And just what are you suggesting there Patty ole boy...that I am a bit Crass....... :P....My problem all my Life has  been that whatever shoots across that Vast Space between my Ears...comes forth....be it too hard to handle or not....you will always know where ya stand with me...... >:D

And Tim...He knows a little ribbing...when he gets it........ ;)...I am just glad I didn't have Daughters...would have been homely as a Tick Hound..... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

HatchA

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 03:43:34 pm »
Well done to both of you, Tim :)  Just gotta get her pulling a string back now, instead of a trigger ;)

Was it she that answered the phone to me when I rang (an hour late) and missed you that time?

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 04:40:54 pm »
Michael, I said nothing about you being crass!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Timo

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 08:31:31 pm »
Pat, Mike just sees me as a manly man would, If he was a women then he might have a different opinion? :P

Yes Mike I conned a beaut into hitchin with me, now how would a fella like me do that? Did you not? >:D

Thanks all, It's a real joy to bring home animals by oneself,but it is nothing in comparison to helping one of your youngins do it. ;)

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 08:58:58 pm »
Tim...Who was the Photographer? Whoever it was...has an Eye for the Lens...very nicely done
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Timo

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 09:18:20 pm »
That would be me El. ;) Thanks. I used to shoot lots of 35mm as a younger man,then went to the soft little compact digitals. Those pics were taken with my Alyssa's canon , She has lots of interests in photography, so I bought her a decent camera body and some better lenses. I plan on upgrading her when the funds come in. :-\ It does a good job.It's all about the light. ;) Had to adjust the hero pic of both of us,lil bright still.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 09:19:45 pm »
That's super cool Tim,...hope my daugther will show interest too when she comes of age,... that's some serious quality time you get there must make you feel like a million bucks  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 09:35:30 pm »
Great job!  I can't wait for those days.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 09:36:08 pm »
Thats what I shoot with...my Canon AE1 Programmable 35mm...or my Canon EOS Rebel XSI...both are great Camera's and put the Pocket Digitals to Shame!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 11:50:28 am »
doesn,t get any better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!congrats