Author Topic: Happy Dad!  (Read 6846 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Happy Dad!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 02:11:14 pm »
Timo:  Sure was a pleasure to meet you at the Classic and wished we lived closer so we could do some hunting.  Your daughter is beautiful and its great to have a kid that will get in the woods with the tics, etc. and set still enough to pop a big ole tom!  My daughter went hunting with me last year in Canada and is going on a moose hunt with me in the Yukon this fall.  Enough to make an old man proud!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 04:29:46 pm »
Congratulations to your daughter for a fine bird. And I gotta agree, she sure is a lot easier on the eyes than her old man. ;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 06:12:31 pm »
She sure is a lot easier on the eyes than her old man. ;D ;D

Now that sure was putting it Tactfully....... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 10:36:28 pm »
Congrats to you and your daughter, you must feel very proud.    I hope to have the same experiences with my son and daughter in a few years.
Traverse City, MI

Offline kerryb

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 10:57:52 pm »
congrats to both of you, great memories.
Milan Mo

Offline Timo

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 11:32:30 pm »
Thanks again all. I have been blessed with two beautiful daughters. It is a pain at times, but then there are days like yesterday morning, and all the "rougher" times seem so small.

My wife worked alot of weekends when my girls were small so I had them alot. They went to the woods with me often and I tried to teach them all the things I knew. The young one (in the pic), learned it well. She surprises me at times. Certain things that she does while in the woods cannot be taught,they are just there as instincts. She has them.

They both put the boys to shame at times, and I get tickled.

My oldest has moved off to the city for college and seems to have found a new way of life she enjoys, but I know she has the roots she needs to help her through what ever comes along.  She never leaves here without digging out a bunch of wild meat from the freezer, and cooking for the city girls.

To all those who have kids that enjoy the outdoors, do all you can to expose them to it,as much as you can. The rewards are greater than you can ever imagine.

A wise man once told me about kids, "Give them roots, then give them wings" ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 01:41:57 am »
That was excellent advise!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 10:43:03 am »
very nice. being that pretty, good thing she can use a gun.  ;D
lets just shoot it

DCM4

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2010, 11:43:02 am »
Outstanding Timo.  Inspiring.

Any more killin' stuff, catching fish, shooting a good 3d score or whatever for myself is of little importance.  I'd much rather have wife and/or dotter by my side and cater to whatever makes their trips fun.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2010, 12:07:49 pm »
Thats great Tim! And I like that advice. I've been on the road most of my two girls life but hopefully have given them enough roots, the older one has sprouted wings already :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.