Author Topic: Cane in east Texas  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
Cane in east Texas
« on: May 11, 2010, 08:23:27 pm »
Ok I'll be heading home to MO this weekend from Houston TX. I would like to pick ip some cane and I've seen quite a bit on the side of the highways. Dies anyone know if there are any rules about cutting cane from public roadways I'm east TX?
Thanks
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline comebackshane

Re: Cane in east Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:29:51 pm »
Commadore, I do it all the time and nobody has ever said anything to me.  I don't know about rules though >:D. Everyone is talking on a cell phone or texting anyway, I doubt they will notice you. LOL

Offline PeteC

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 09:31:34 pm »
Mark,I don't cut cane right on the highway,and I'm sure the DPS would stop to see what your up to. You might ,however,turn down a side road and have a look.Just don't cross a fence,without permission.I cut mine along river and creek banks.Also,there are other species of bamboo growing along our highways that don't make good arrows.Make sure you are harvesting native switchcane. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 10:46:20 pm »
yes, make sure your cutting stuff close to a river is that will be river cane.  thats the stuff you want.  i found a stand, but i aint telling ;D
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.