Author Topic: man i cant shoot  (Read 1722 times)

Offline recurve shooter

man i cant shoot
« on: May 28, 2010, 02:02:06 am »
hi guys. me and my buddie ian spent the last two days shooting gar. we would shoot all day, then break out the spotlight hooked to a car batterie and shoot till midnight or so. we saw tons, shot tons, easly fifty or sixty shots a piece, and in total we hit six. now, when last summer we would shoot swimming grabs, and snakes, we cant shoot worth a hoot. i killed five, ian got one. only got a pic of ian's, these are real little fellers, the big ones vanished. im off tomorrow, and im gunna get a rig for the bow i gave my little sister, and hopefully we can get her to stick one. last summer she helped me stick a five footer or so. unfourtunatly my arrow came out of it when i jumped on it to get it on the bank.  :-\ anyway here's the pic, hopefully more to come tomorrow night.

lets just shoot it

Offline stickbender

Re: man i cant shoot
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 03:14:24 am »

Too many targets.  Just pick one, and concentrate on it.  Take your time.  The big guys will leave after the first couple of shots.
If you still want to put a coin on the butt of your knife handle, pm me, with your address, and I will send you a few to choose from.  Just send back the ones you can't use.  I used to gig gars, when I was younger.  Also......um, .....I ......uh......knew someone who....knew someone.....uh......that ......uh ......used to shoot them with a .22 rifle. ::)  When are you guys going on your camping adventure?

Wayne

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:54:04 pm »
I think I see the issue...your doing it left handed!! >:D >:D
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 05:21:47 pm »
Pick a spot on the fish just like you would with any other critter. I notice a lot of difference in my shooting when I aim at a spot on the fish instead of shooting at the fish. And shoot at bigger fish. They're easier to hit. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.