Author Topic: My James Parker Vagabond bow  (Read 4746 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

My James Parker Vagabond bow
« on: May 28, 2010, 07:23:33 pm »
It seems like a long time since the Classic when I got my new Parker bow.  Had a bad slow healing elbow the whole time so today I finally got to shoot the bow! :o :o :o  Don't know how to tell just how fast it is without sounding like a braggart, but I will say its the sweetest shooting bow I ever had.  I have big plans for hunting with it.  Hope to draw a couple of deer tags and two elk tags for the fall and then am going to the Yukon to hunt moose.  And if I can get my shooting form in line I feel sorry for any big ole moose!  I hope the Hustons are through with Texas by hunting season so I can hunt elk with Hawk.  Thanks James you are some kind of bow builder!  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Cromm

Re: My James Parker Vagabond bow
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 08:02:22 pm »
All I see is a lot of words but no photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 08:16:13 pm »
  Joe, I wish you luck on the hunt in the Yukon. Other than that, all you have to do with the Vagabond is, point and shoot. I have the all wooden one, and the glass one somebody dry fired and broke 2 years ago at the Classic. It's ugly, but my go to, Glass bow. I've already head shot two hogs with it and a turkey at 20 yards. Drilled it dead center in the chest. It's a fine bow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 08:30:54 pm »
Eddie:  This one is bamboo backed and lite as a feather.  It put the arrows another 6 inches deep in the target than my regular bows.  Sure would like to spend some time with you diving and hunting hogs.  We will have to do a Merriam/elk hunt trade some day.  Its really hard to get an elk license here as it is one of the better areas and its a draw area.  Working on the coral you sent and thanks again its a challenge for me!  Pokie

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 08:48:46 pm »
 Pokie; Hunting with friends is what hunting is about. You can always kill stuff. I'd love to visit that part of the country again. Sometimes I think if circumstances worked out I'd still be living on the Western slope of Colorado.  Coral is some weird rock. You think it is going good and all of a sudden it breaks across the middle.  Come on down and hog hunt anytime, I'll find a place.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 11:18:14 pm »
Glad your elbow is better Joe :)  I think I'm gonna get one of those Vagabonds from James ;D  I really liked the looks of that one of yours and have had my eye one them for a while now.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 11:35:51 pm »
Shannon:  You would not regret getting one of these bows.  It hardly weights anything and will be perfect for the way we hunt off mule and horse back.  Say hi to your little man for me!  a/ho Pokie

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 01:33:11 am »
I'm sure you're right about that bow.
 I went froggin' tonight. Wish you could have been with me, especially for the cleaning part ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 07:11:16 pm »
how are those arrows flying out of it?
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 07:28:05 pm »
Joe...sure am glad to hear that You have finally healed enough to try your new Bows out...I wish You luck in the Hunting Season to come...I hope that you have many Days of good Hunting...with good friends...and maybe even get a Mulie or Two.... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome