Author Topic: Atlatl 101  (Read 2217 times)

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Atlatl 101
« on: May 31, 2010, 09:40:46 am »
Anyone else read the article in "Parade"?  It is about a college team (kind of). One quote- "The atlatl makes the bow and arrow seem like modern technology." Check parade.com/atlatl to read.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Mechslasher

Re: Atlatl 101
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 07:10:17 pm »
my mom saved it for me and i read it when i picked up my son on the way back from hickory.  i'll sell them all the cane darts they want for $50 each, beats paying up to $150.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Dane

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:46:17 am »
I've spend an afternoon tossing with this team during the college's open house. They represented the antro club. A nice bunch of kids, and their professor is a good guy. The second shot is of him. The name Hurling Ravens was given to them by a reporter, and they were not, I took it, too fond of the name, but it stuck.

I asked about archery, and that is not allowed on campus, but spears are.

I only saw purchased equipment, mostly the kind of atlatls with the built in spear rests. 

Dane

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Postman

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 08:03:29 pm »
It's great to see kids doing stuff like this. Didn't know you could get a "store bought" Atlatl :D
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 10:10:33 pm »
wow, thats a lot of darts!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.