Author Topic: need dimension hardwoods  (Read 6403 times)

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

need dimension hardwoods
« on: May 29, 2010, 04:52:01 pm »
testing the waters on dimension hardwood pieces. I am starting a new project and need a supply of small 2x2 dimensional lumber (or something similiar).  pieces need only be 7" long and 2x2  but larger pieces are welcome.  the types i need are as follows-
black wlanut
cherry
osage
black locust
cypress
persimmon
hickory (with heartwood mixed)
yew
mesquite
maple

let me know if any of those are laying around your place. persimmon, black locust, osage, cypress, walnut and cherry are the most important to me right now but will consider the others if you have any of the major ones i need.  i can trade knapped goods mostly, knives points, etc.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline lowell

Re: need dimension hardwoods
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 01:22:07 pm »
Are you looking for the 2x2 to be a full 2".....I have some cherry that would measure about 1 3/4 after the sawmill cut was smoothed up. I can post a picture if you are interested??
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 04:53:27 pm »
 1 3/4" after smoothed would be just fine. how bg of pieces do you have and what would like be interested in for trade.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline lowell

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »
twistedlimbs,

Here are a couple of pieces of cherry I would trade. One or both of the small pieces or the larger piece.  All have a little sap wood and the bigger one has an arch(as you can see in the pics) that seems less dense than the rest of the wood... for what ever reason??

If these would work for you give me an idea of what you are willing to give in trade for the piece or combination you are interested in??

Thanks, Lowell

[attachment deleted by admin]
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!