Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 23, 2010 - July 25, 2010

Author Topic: Patty's Camp-O-Rama #4  (Read 27829 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Patty's Camp-O-Rama #4
« on: June 02, 2010, 12:21:06 am »
July 23, 24 and 25   Be there or be square!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:30:31 am by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline n2everythg

Re: Patty's Camp-O-Rama #4
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:59:57 am »
Man wish I could make it but will be on the other side of the state unless something changes.
But will be there with y'all in spirit.
Hate to miss it.... had a blast at the last 3.

But happy B- day non the less. Hope it is a great one!
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 12:13:58 pm »
Hot dang, I managed to get something on the calendar before my wife did!
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 12:22:04 pm »
I'll think about it. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:15:33 pm »

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 09:56:15 pm »
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 12:39:01 am »
Best be some serious thinkage going on out there.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 07:04:25 am »
I would love to make it and swore last year I was,it is right after the IBO world and if that don't kill me I still may. Man I want to. No it would be a great time with this bunch. :) What is is Pat about 5 hours ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 12:38:22 am »
Pappy, to my house is is more like 6. Five hours to Asheville and another hour to my house.  I'd love it if you could make it but I totally understand if you can't.

Offline billy

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 12:17:26 pm »
Pat, is the camp-o-rama gonna be at your house?  It just says dates and nothing else! 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 02:13:34 pm »
Billy, it is on the lower portion of my 25ac. in a open area of about 2 ac.  We have an open barn (with electricity) for cover, a fire pit, an outhouse but will have a porta-potty, primitive camping and usually lots of food and beverages(adult and otherwise). Usually we have 15 to 20 folks with most camping but some just for the day.
 A creek runs through the property and a small(about 3') waterfall if you need a shower!  ;D

Offline billy

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 12:13:59 am »
Well, I don't know if I will be able to make it then....the following weekend I am going to the Poarch Creek indian reservation in Alabama with my friend Thad Beckum.  We'll be doing a primitive skills class and we'll be teaching the native kids the skills their ancestors used to survive, so I'll probably be collecting all the materials we'll need to make bowdrill kits, etc on the weekend of your event.  BUT...don't count me out.  If I can get away I just might come up there and show you bows how to knap!!
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 10:05:24 pm »
Hi Pat,

Unless the creek rises and such I sure do plan to be there and hope to bring a bowmaking friend along.  Think anyone will be there to talk about arrow making? Hope you don't mind some flute music in the evenings...and if anyone wants to hear the basics of flute building I will drag my stuff along.

That bow you are building sure in awesome! Still pulling on my new one.:)

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 12:43:54 am »
Rand,  Have you recouped from the wedding yet? ;)
  You better come. I don't want to have to ship those staves!  ;D   Flute music will be perfect for the evenings. Maybe I can learn something. Your friend is welcomed and we will make a point to work on arrows.
  This TradGang trade bow I'm building is coming along nicely. Plan on getting the floppy rest and handle wrap on in the next few days and more coats of Tru-Oil. Has to be out by July 4th so I'll be mailing it off pretty soon.

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 10:58:51 pm »
Pat,

Yep...wedding over with and house mostly rebuilt in getting ready for it...shop a total mess and will tackle it (first real attempt) a bit in the morning.  I talked to another friend about your camp-o-rama who has a yew stave he wants to turn into a bow...he is a dulcimer, flute, guitar and about any instrument maker and a quite a singer of old mountain ballads...hope he take a jump into bow making as I am sure he would like it.  Glad to hear my staves are still doing fine.  Make sure you post a pic or two of your finished bow before you mail it!!

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West