Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 23, 2010 - July 25, 2010

Author Topic: Patty's Camp-O-Rama #4  (Read 27839 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Patty's Camp-O-Rama #4
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 04:50:44 pm »
 O:) O:) O:)  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mole

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 09:44:34 pm »
I don't think I'll be able to make it this time Pat.  I'm always out of town the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday before your camp-o-rama, but this year they happen to be on the same weekend.  I'll make sure to inform the Liberty gang though.

Between getting married after the last gathering and working every day I don't have too awful much to show---unless you count much too awful to show :)

John
Northeast Georgia

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 09:53:44 pm »
Hey Pat,

I finished my osage bow I was working on...gonna bring it up to the Camp-o-Rama with me and get you to give me some advice.  When strung it tilts so that the bottom limb is not in line with the top...has a little twist in it...so the handle is cantering leftish and...shoot I will just bring it along and see if you can give me some advice...it is a sweet shooting bow (shoots off the hand) and I would love to see it turn into my deer bow this fall.  See you soon. 

BTW sure did like your recurve!

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 12:35:19 am »
John, sorry you won't make it. I was concerned when you missed last year because you got married. Not concerned about you getting married but your timing.  ;)  Tell the liberty gang to come on up.
  Rand, like any parent, you are worrying about the small stuff. If it shoots good, shoot it. If you get good at shooting it, it will make a good hunting bow!  ;)  Bring it along. I'll bet you(and I'm not a betting man) I can teach you to make a good bow quicker than you can teach me to be a mediocre flutist!  ;D
  Two weeks from tomorrow is the grand opening!!!  We are ordering the Porta-Potty tomorrow!!! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 06:35:09 am »
That has got to be fun,probably a lot more than I have got myself into. ??? I will get there in a year
or 2,I have promised myself that. Yall have a good one. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 09:06:02 am »
Pat, I don't think I'll be able to make this year.  :(  Just too much going on here.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 09:49:58 pm »
Hi Pat,

Directions?  It is close to a muggy 100 here today...how is it up there?

Rand

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 12:20:34 am »
Hedge, sorry you won't be able to make it. Maybe next year.

Rand, It's been hot here lately too. Over 90 and for us, that's hot. At least the evenings and nights are cooler so be prepared with a light jacket or sweat shirt. Might have rain. I'll keep checking the weather and post updates.
  What way will you be coming? Are you near I-26?

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 09:53:47 pm »
Hi Pat,

I-26 and I-77 down nearish Columbia (Lugoff is really closer to Camden).

Rand

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 12:21:56 am »
Come up I-26 and exit at the Asheville Regional Airport exit( exit 40) towards Brevard. You will exit and turn left across the I-26 and you are on Hwy 280. The airport will be on your right. Follow 280 (4 lane) into Brevard. As you near Brevard 280 ends and becomes 64/276. Continue straight on into the center of Brevard, up Courthouse Hill and  left on Hwy 276(Main St) south towards Greenville, SC. From this point go 4.1 miles out 276 to a right onto Island Ford Rd. Turn right on to Island Ford Rd across from Mud Dabbers Pottery Shop. Go 2 miles to a left of Walnut Hollow Rd(just past Island Ford Body Shop on rt). Now go 3.2 miles out Walnut Hollow to a left on Carson Creek Rd. (look for a sign) Follow Carson Creek 1.3 miles to a right on Calico Lake Dr. You will come under an overpass on Carson Creek Rd and the road goes down hill and into an "S" curve. At the bottom of the hill is Calico Lake Dr on RT. Turn in Calico Lake and we are the 2 drive on the left(gravel). Look for signs!
  When do y'all plan to arrive, Rand?

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 10:58:21 pm »
Hi Pat,

Depends on if my buddy comes along...he has been building bows a long time but developed his own style and I think he would find it interesting to see how you guys build them.  Does the Camp-o-rama have a schedule for each day?  What have y'all done in the past?

Rand

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 12:21:08 am »
Rand, this is a very casual gathering with no schedule(except Fri to Sun  ;D ). Whatever happens, happens!  ;) If you have something special you want to do feel free to do it. I have some tools here, a bench vise and bowyers horse, tiller tree and scales. Folks will be knapping and hafting, arrow making from cane and hardwood shoots, cordage, pitch glue, etc.
  From Columbia to my house is about 3 hour drive.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2010, 02:01:36 pm »
Less than a week to show time!  I'd like to get a head count so I'll have an idea of what to expect!  ::) So all that are coming please raise your hands.   ;D

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2010, 06:52:08 pm »
Hey Pat,

I will get up with my friend and see what's what...if he isn't coming I will plan to come on Friday afternoon and stay til Sunday (that being said my truck is in the shop getting a heart transplant (a new used motor) but it should be done and have me back on the road before the weekend.  SO...you got one coming for the head count anyway.

Besides you need a lesson on that drone you got:),

Rand:)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2010, 07:57:44 pm »
One day I hope to get out there for your camp-o-rama Pat. But this year theres a pretty little thing a waiten for me in CA!  ;D

Hmm! I think I still owe you some arrow heads! (Sorry, life has been crazy!) :o

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill