Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 23, 2010 - July 25, 2010

Author Topic: Patty's Camp-O-Rama #4  (Read 28226 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Patty's Camp-O-Rama #4
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2010, 09:10:19 am »
We had a blast, thanks for putting up with all of us for a weekend. I'll try to get the pics downloaded this afternoon when I get home. After sleeping about three hours all weekend, we just didn't feel like fooling with it last night, especially since I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to get to work. :(  Unpack, shower, supper, bed.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2010, 09:38:53 am »
Pat thanks again for a great time.  :) Nice to have a great group of people that gets along and have the same instest. I do have some good pics, like Steve said we were beat last night. If you thing about it, you pack and unpack 4 times. Your water fall was a life saver from the heat, I forgot to get a pic of it. The food was amazing and a lot of it, Dave and Cora had their pig cooker and it was always full.  :) Hey Pat thanks for the chiggers!!!!  ;D

Tina
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2010, 10:32:26 am »
I know yall had to have had a big time,couldn't help it with that bunch,looking forward to the pictures,some day I got to make this one. :) :) Hope you had a good birthday Pat. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2010, 11:15:10 am »
Sounds like a blast, wish I coulda gone.  Happy Belated Birthday Pat!  Can't wait to see pics!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2010, 11:54:41 am »
Hi Pat,

Just wanted to thank you for putting on such an awesome event.  I had no idea that when I showed up that Chef's David and Cora and Bryon would be cooking up a feast for each and every meal...deer burgers to die for, BBq chicken and beans galore and then BBQ pork in David's secret sauce that would make Piggy Park try to make him deals for the recipe, then the homemade sausage (Bryon's I think) the next morning and Patty's coffee to come alive with and then there was Steve's GAR fillets...dudes and dudetes if you missing Patty's Camp-o-rama this year you sure missed THE EVENT of the season...then there was bow making 101 and Eric getting his Black Locust bow done in two days!!!! (and watching his proud daddy Randy watching his son work on the bow was neat too!)  And Alan's awesome points he made as he went through about 16 tons of rock and Steve's guitar playing and then there is Bryon...boy he sure can fool ya...he wacks rocks and does awesome points, makes and cooks awesome sausage and then the rascal pretends he can't play a guitar and then next thing you know he is playing like Johnny Cash and singing like him too!!!!!!  During a slack in it all the other Steve pulls out his bows and arrows and says "Let's start slinging em!" and we do!!  When I first drove up the first thing I did was to jump out of my truck and yell at Pat..."Hey, come here Pat and let me show you my new osage bow I just finished!!  I strung her up and asked Pat "what do you think?" and he said..."well"...(I knew I was in trouble already)..."who has been teaching you to follow a ring?" (worse news)..."you just might just want to back this thing backed ASAP before you shoot her again" (!!!!)...  So then he shows me the staves he got for me out at the classic...one straight and one so snakey I thought it might rear up and bite me!!!  Course...which one do you think I wanted Pat to help me find the ring with???  Ha!  Anyway I sure did have a great time...y'all come next year and you might even see dancing girls!!

Rand
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:58:44 am by Catahoula »
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2010, 08:18:02 am »
OK, finally got a chance to get some pics up. Everybody who didn't make it to this event sure missed a great time.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2010, 08:19:57 am »
More:

Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2010, 08:21:57 am »
Rhyolite still cuts flesh as good now as it did a few thousand years ago:

Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2010, 08:24:35 am »
I made Pat a birthday cake out of pig meat. Bread and icing is overrated.....;D

Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2010, 10:02:01 am »
I think I'm going to quit asking my wife for a meatloaf and mashed potato birthday cake, and get her to make me one of those instead.  Dang that thing was good.

It was great meeting everyone.  I had a blast, and came home with A LOT of things I need to work on.  The talent you all have absolutely blew me away.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2010, 12:14:14 pm »
Looks like all involved had a great time...I should have took the time to come Pat....then I would still be Employed right now..... :'(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline BearG

« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2010, 01:19:36 pm »
Looks like all involved had a great time...I should have took the time to come Pat....then I would still be Employed right now..... :'(
What did you do blow up and get canned?

Pat  looks like you guyes had a blast.   One of these times I'd like to make it down.  and happy belated Birthday!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2010, 01:21:56 pm »
Not going to Hi-jack Pat Thread...but I got canned
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2010, 05:38:17 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering if Eric got his bow finished?

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2010, 06:25:56 pm »
I talked to Eric last night and he has stained it and is shooting. He got his neighbor over to shoot too. Might have another one hooked!  ;D
  Eric is going to sign up to PA in the next few days and wants to thank everyone for all the help. I hope he posts pics too.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC