Author Topic: Cuba Ny Knapp-in with me an OUTBACKBOB!!!!  (Read 1416 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

Cuba Ny Knapp-in with me an OUTBACKBOB!!!!
« on: June 07, 2010, 01:17:21 am »
It turned out to be a great day up in Cuba Ny.  This was my first confirmed Knapp-in and a few of Ny's finest showed up including Canadas very own Knapper Dan.  I finally got to meet OutbackBob in person and what a good guy!  He has a great personality and was a pleasure spending the afternoon shooting the breeze and Knapping.  He showed me some of his other skills on tanning, trapping, and forging tomahawks.  You are one seriously talented man Bob!  He had with him some of the finest red fox pealts I have ever seen.  As a matter of fact Bob if you still have them come Letchworth I will take a couple.  I won a prized pointt knapped by Mr. Ken Wallace.  He is one serious knapper.  I will post a pic of it tomorrow.  Bob made me a fine point too...thanks Bob!  My kids were having fun throwing the Atlatl and I had a well deserved relaxing day talking and meeting people and knapped a bit.  This event was sponsered by Gennesee Valley Flint Knappers Association and I am now a proud memeber of.  They are all a good bunch of guys and I look forward to the next event.  If you read this whole thing u probably are getting sleepy so ...good night.

Russ

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:44:20 pm by AncientArcher76 »
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline sailordad

Re: Cuba Ny Knapp-in
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 01:44:07 am »
looks like you had a great time

gotta ask though,what does he want for a fox pelt?
 i would like one for a plains style quiver
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline AncientArcher76

Re: Cuba Ny Knapp-in
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 02:20:29 am »
Sailor I wanted one for the same thing...lol  as far as what he wants for them you would be better to ask him yourself.  Im not sure.  Hey check outthe action live!!!

Russ                     Chttp://www.youtube.com/user/pitviper1976 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:43:46 pm by AncientArcher76 »
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Cuba Ny Knapp-in with me an OUTBACKBOB!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 12:15:36 am »
Russ, Thanks for all the complements now I can't get my hat on. :o I'm mainly just a hack at most of the things you mentioned an have had a lot of help from others in many of these endeavors. Some of this primitive stuff I grew up with so I,m just an old wood tick trying to learn more an try to pass on primitive skills to others . Nice talkingto you on Sat. an thanks for all the differnt samples of rock can't wait to try some that I've never worked before. The rest of my furs came today so I need to sit down an price it out. I've got coyotes, red fox, coons , an I believe there is one skunk in the pile somewhere . Later Bob

Offline AncientArcher76

Re: Cuba Ny Knapp-in with me an OUTBACKBOB!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 09:30:06 am »
Your a good guy Bob and when u get situated with them furs let me know what u want for them.  I would like to get one of them.  I too had a good day and are looking forward to getting up to Letchworth.  I will tell u about being a hack I fealt like one compared to some of them guys knapping.  But, they made me feel welcome and they all took the time to show me a thing or 2 including you.  Thanks Bob and looking forward to the next time we meet.

Your friend,

Russell