Linked Events

• IBO Trad. World: June 16, 2010 - June 18, 2010

Author Topic: IBO TRAD. WORLD [TwinOaks]  (Read 11013 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: IBO TRAD. WORLD [TwinOaks]
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 12:29:07 pm »
If you would quit falling in the cot it would probably hold up better. ;) ;D ;D ;D We will have
the portable shower set up for sure,the nearest motels are at exit 11 and Miss Joanie has
talked them into a discount,at least the Quality inn ,I think 59 a night if you tell them you are coming in for the TwinOaks IBO world.I ant sure on the cabin,I know I have Gary,Shanon,Art,
Beau and Myself,That would leave 2 beds up stairs.If I haven't told anyone else that I am forgetting about. The main problem with that many in the cabin is the bathroom is not set up for that many folks at one time. Let me check and maybe we can work it out. I thought you was kidding earlier when you mentioned it. :) Also Thunder nose needs a sock in his mouth if he stays there,I have
to have a little sleep. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 12:24:52 am »
Pappy, It's going to be a great shoot and experience for Twin Oaks , Me and Maw had planed to be there and check out all the fun and put a woopen on some of those IBO dudes and dudettes. I don't mean to cry, but I can't break away for this one . A friend and a RC radio control builder is coming from Wisconson and has spent a year building me a giant scale plane and is going to deliver it that week and I'll need to spend time with that project.  Maw and me are going to be in Nashville Aug 6, for our grandsons wedding, so we were going to goof off from the IBO shoot till the wedding and visit Fiddler Ray after in West Tenn. Chuck
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline BearG

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 03:28:52 pm »
Pappy, It's going to be a great shoot and experience for Twin Oaks , Me and Maw had planed to be there and check out all the fun and put a woopen on some of those IBO dudes and dudettes. I don't mean to cry, but I can't break away for this one . A friend and a RC radio control builder is coming from Wisconson and has spent a year building me a giant scale plane and is going to deliver it that week and I'll need to spend time with that project.  Maw and me are going to be in Nashville Aug 6, for our grandsons wedding, so we were going to goof off from the IBO shoot till the wedding and visit Fiddler Ray after in West Tenn. Chuck
Man no Maw & Chuck  :'(   bummer
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 04:25:36 pm »
Bear, If you shoot the bow that you built with Dave Knight and shoot it as good as you did in Presque Isle you'll be in the money.. I would of loved to watch some of the heavy hitters that shoot the traditional IBO. Next year me and Maw's schedule will be all about us (I HOPE) I'd like to do the IBO and then do Pats campout shoot . I think the thread said that is is about an hour east of Ashville NC. Don't forget to give Pappy a great big Bear Hug.. Chuck
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 08:06:39 am »
I hate that ,was looking forward to seeing Maw  ;) ;D ;D I understand,I was hoping you would show up and show some of these boys how to shoot a selfbow. Yall have fun and I will see ya in the spring.Is Ray coming without you ? Bear, NO Hugs please. ;) :) :)  Well from Dawn would be great. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 02:39:08 pm »
i'M SURE SHE'LL HUG U

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 07:48:35 pm »
Wish I couold make it, just too much on the plate this month. Sounds like a good time.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 07:24:47 am »
Ya I think it is going to be fun,hope to have a good selfbow showing.They didn't have many last year so hope we can draw more.I feel sure we will. Selfbows and TwinOaks just kind of go together
and we always seem to draw more than most anywhere I have been. We are trying hard to keep the taste of the Classic in this shoot with just a little more interest in the completive side.Hopefully we can pull it off,we don't want it to turn out to be like a golf tourney. ;) :) :) If that happens we won't be involved with it after this. We are hoping to make it fun for all that show up and get a little taste of what we think Trad/Primitive archery should be like. Nothing wrong with competition
but keep it fun.  :) :) The courses are going to be outstanding,we have really put some time in
them to look natural and fun shots to boot.I hope everyone likes it.I always hate the rain at the Classic cause not many get to really enjoy or ranges. It may be hot but at least it should be dry
for this one. :) It's only a couple of weeks a way so if you get a chance grab your selfbow and come on down. Tina you need to be there,a big gold belt buckle would look good on you.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 06:44:32 am »
Just got word Mike [Yazoo] is coming,also Gary Davis so if anyone is interested in Osage,there will be 2 of the most knowledgeable Osage guys I know there. Well 3 including Mikes Dad. ;) :) :) The place is about ready.A little tweaking to do this weekend and it's on. :) :) Hope to see some of yall there. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 06:36:18 am »
A week from today,come on out and visit.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 03:26:12 pm »
Be There early Thursday!!!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 07:41:07 pm »
 I'm sure glad for it's not this weekend, Pappy, after looking at the weather. You guy's have worked too hard.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 07:44:54 am »
Ya you never know about the weather around here,this weekend has been fine,hope the one coming up is as good.It rained just a little Friday night and Sunday night. Well it's here.I will be there from Tuesday evening on so come visit.  :) :)   
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 09:12:54 am »
Well it's here, I am out of here today at about noon,See yall there or back here Monday. :) :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 12:21:22 pm »
Man... Really really wish i could make it to Twin Oaks this weekend... Sounds kinda like the Classic Part II to me.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln