Linked Events

• IBO Trad. World: June 16, 2010 - June 18, 2010

Author Topic: IBO TRAD. WORLD [TwinOaks]  (Read 11009 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: IBO TRAD. WORLD [TwinOaks]
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 08:22:40 am »
It was a great event,all went good.There are pictures on Life is good,check it out. Not at all what I expected,the folks were great not the stiff shirts I was expecting. There were some very good shooter there,made me want to practice more. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline jwarwick

• Paying Advertiser to PA... StavePress
    • StavePress
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 03:53:29 pm »
Hey Pappy-

Glad yall had a great IBO. I'd like to see the pictures, but I'm not familiar with your ref. Life is good place.

Jon
Buy a good piece of land and put your heart into it.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 03:57:04 pm »
Go to the category "Primitive Skills"  the topic should be somewhere near the top called "Life is Good"  Go to the last page of the topic, I think there are over 300 pages now...  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Josh

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 04:00:08 pm »
IBO pics start on page 334 of the "Life is Good" thread.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline jwarwick

• Paying Advertiser to PA... StavePress
    • StavePress
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 05:07:26 pm »
Gracias Amigo
Buy a good piece of land and put your heart into it.

Offline Josh

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 05:09:57 pm »
de nada  :)

MuzP

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 02:25:35 pm »
 :)  ;)

MuzP

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 02:47:35 pm »
Sorry bout that just erased my story....... First of all I would like to thank Pappy and his Great Crew for putting on a grand shoot for all those who attended this years event. I was really impressed with the first rate operation that Pappy has here at twin Oaks, it's a gorgeous facility,(I don't think those blacktoppers would know what this is all about). It was a pleasure to have attended a traditional/primitive shoot of this kind and all of the folks that were in attendance were wonderful people, I wish there was a place out here in the Southwest part of the country that had a operation like Pappy has here at Twin Oaks, this is awesome. I want to thank Shann and Jesse for taking time to show and explain how to take a flint rock and make a useful tool out of it, and I believe the gents name was Gary, who showed us how to take a piece of wood and turn it into a work of art, and a tool for putting meat on our table to feed our families, but also to enjoy shooting in the sport of archery. When I return to Twin Oaks form the Southwest Rocky Mountains I will bring back some of our weather to share whit all of you. For now I gotta get back in the saddle and get to work.
May the Creator watch over all of us, wherever we may travel. Ahoh!

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 02:49:43 pm »
Thank you!
 And thanks for coming to see this little piece of heaven tucked away in the hills of middle Tennessee.
Mililani Hawaii