Author Topic: Aborigonee styled mollegabet....  (Read 7292 times)

Offline Diligence

Re: Aborigonee styled mollegabet....
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 10:57:54 am »
I really liked that white paint pattern!.....for something different, how about using your white paint, but instead of a brush, use your finger to put it on.....I think that would give it enough of a "ancient archer" touch....and I just realized that's your username - well, I guess it seems even more like a good idea now!
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 11:01:30 am »
Maybe when I get up to New England primitive archers shoot I will re apply my war paint with my finger cheers for the tip! 

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline dwardo

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 11:09:04 am »
Very cool primitive bow  ;)

Offline Barrage

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 11:56:02 am »
I really liked that paint job too!  :) Really complimented the bow style for me.
Travis

Offline bowstring

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 12:41:04 pm »
    AA76,
 A thought. At the "big Box' stores you can get acrylic paints in a variety of colors, and it is inexpensive. Put a good coat of paste wax on the bow and paint. I f you wish to change something, it usually just peals off. Another benefit is that acrylic is simewhat water resistant, so a hunt through the dripping woods doesn't do too much damage! Try a test piece first . Some waxes are better for this than others. I use Minwax Paste,, works for me.  "bowstring"
"We are, what we do, when it counts"

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 01:42:24 pm »
cool bow Russ, that maple makes a sweet one huh

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 06:43:34 pm »
Thanks for the tips guys I also no white for hunting not a good choice but aborigine's used white dots and things for face and body paint and decorative pieces.  I think I will use some of the tips on paint and apply black paint with my finger in the same pattern type ...simple but primitive as can be... Hey Ken long time my friend hope u and ur family are doing ok???  I love that maple but now that I changed my job and are not overnights anymore I will be back in the bow scene... lol thanks boys!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 06:45:28 pm »
Cool bow Russ!   :)   I like the paint scheme!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 11:21:51 pm »
Thanks Josh its been awhile since I have done a bow I will take in effect that black for hunting purpuses would be better but also one thing to keep in mind that in other countries white is probabaly the first choice as surroundings like white limestone or sand would have been in effect so since I live in Newyork state unless I am going to decorate a room with Paleo weapons and not actually use it then it will be ok.  Thanks again maybe I'll post a pick of some of the guys at the Algonquin primitive archers shoot this weekend  Dane will shoot it and see how it works!  TTYL guys!

Russ

Offline gmc

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 11:42:04 pm »
This bow really is a eye catcher. It's unique all in its own and very nice primitive look. Nice job.
Central Kentucky

Lombard

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 12:48:09 pm »
Sweet looking bow, either way.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 08:33:33 pm »
Thanks for the kind words and I wiped off the paint Im bringing it up to Ct. at Jamies archery club and let some of u look and shoot it if u want!

Russ