Author Topic: once again!  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Wolfsongforge

• My name is Kenneth, and I am a bladesmith
once again!
« on: June 13, 2010, 11:59:47 am »
to the guys that are tradeing me bows for knives. I have not forgotten ya! it is just paying customers got in the way. lol families gotta eat. anywho, I have been invited to a bladesmiths house that is a MASTER at damascus and  home made steel. so matt, instead of scavanging the scrap for some scrap mascus I will be useing good ol bar stock. and to justin for you kitchen gyunto i knew we said san mai, but i am gonna do it in damascus with a 52100 core. and for Ken you wanted a spontoon hawk I will be useing wrought with a 1095 welded steel bit. I should be going this comeing weekend. now to get to the question. Does anyone want me to photo the makeing of damacus and other  and a wrap hawk while i am over there.

God Bless
Kenneth

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: once again!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 12:16:31 pm »
I would love to see the making of a damascus knife!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

HatchA

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 04:01:29 pm »
now to get to the question. Does anyone want me to photo the makeing of damacus and other  and a wrap hawk while i am over there.

...you really, honestly and truly feel the need to ask such a thing...?   :o

Seriously though, if your bladesmith friend would be willing to share his secrets, then please, please take as many pictures as possible and catalogue as much information and detail as possible... 

Muchly appreciated,

Steve.

Offline Wolfsongforge

• My name is Kenneth, and I am a bladesmith
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 06:21:49 pm »
uh well the bladesmith that s gonna be doing the work is me! lol i am mainly just useing his power hammer and his knowledge on what sticks the best.

God Bless
kenneth