Author Topic: British Primitives  (Read 10953 times)

Offline markinengland

British Primitives
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:33:32 pm »
Just a little note to remind any British primitives that we have a little bow-in type event at Holmbush NFAS club site on Friday 6th through to the Monday 9th. Any questions email me at markdesignhill@aol.com
Likely to be a very small event but we have to start somewhere. Camping, camp fires, people making stuff, trading and doing a lot of talking, maybe some synchronised beer drinking events.
Mark

Roger

Re: British Primitives
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 06:37:35 pm »
I've been wondering how things have caught on with the primitive bows Mark at the primitive class get togethers. Are the people responding well to the imposed rules for the meets. Has the turnout been good so far?

Just curious...

R

Offline markinengland

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 04:12:41 am »
Primitive archery is still very very small here. I have met about a dozen people who have made primitive bows, though quite a few people are interested. In my case there is one other club member I meet up with regularly who makes primitive stuff. I guess some people shoot their bows and may not meet other primitive archers. I am not sure how many are turning up at open shoots, as family stuff means I do not get to thse much.
So far I haven't heard of discontent about the rules for the class, but no doubt we didn't please everybody. The next AGM in the winter may see some change or comment.
It'll be interesting to see who comes this weekend as this is our first meet since the rules were set up. At least there are now a set of guidelines within which people can make and shoot stuff and be covered by NFAS insurance.
Mark

ratty

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 04:32:29 am »
primative archery is big where i am in the uk, its just like markinengland said, (didn't please everybody)

Offline markinengland

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 02:34:26 pm »
Ratty,
Where in the UK are you? Will you be coming to our little gathering? I had almost forgotten our discussions from a few months back  ;D

davkt

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 02:42:30 pm »
Pity you are so far south or I'd be joining you all, sounds like you have a great few days planned!
Cheers
David

ratty

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 10:17:07 am »
Ratty,
Where in the UK are you? Will you be coming to our little gathering? I had almost forgotten our discussions from a few months back  ;D

;) how are you ?

keep up the good work markinengland im not going to knock what you are doing .i have great respect for anyone pioneering a new archery class in the uk.

excellent :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 10:18:43 am by ratty »

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 11:22:55 am »
I'm going to catch up with Mark, David and the guys over Saturday/Sunday.  I'll be taking a little stuff to trade, offering a couple of bows up for peer opinions, shooting a bit and then drinking beer (in the evening!).  I also have some little jobs to do to catch up on those things which work has kept me from - stringmaking, cleaning up a couple of staves, prepping some more self nock shafts for myself and the missus - the usual  :).  This will all be done while I'm there, hopefully.

So far the weather forecast is looking good, so it could be a great sunny warm weekend doing stuff whcih I enjoy.  I hope all of you out there in Primitve land have a good one too.

Bob in the UK.
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719