Author Topic: "if you can smell what the sailordad is cooking"  (Read 2991 times)

Offline sailordad

"if you can smell what the sailordad is cooking"
« on: June 19, 2010, 05:24:58 pm »
well my youngest son has been home on leave for a little over a week now  ;D ;D :) :)
the wife and i REALY enjoy it when either of our sons are home,we miss having them around  :(
any how is planning on heading back to VA. on monday at the latest.then his shipp sets sail for the next 6-9 months
they are schedled for a stop in costa rica and columbia,but that can change at any time.but they are definatly gone for that time period.
since he has been home we have gotten to spen sme time together but we also realize he wants to spend time with his crew.
him and his friends have always been tight,like family with each other so we dont mind if we dont get to see him alot.
however we do require that they give us atleast one day.
well today is that day  ;D
hes having his friends over,which is fine they are like adopted sons to us.other parents know what i mean.
i put a real nice free range turkey on the grill,matter of fact it just went on before i started this post.so for dinner tonight its grilled buzzard,mashed taters,corn,biscuits.
and a nice bottle of Chateau St.Michelle Reisling for the wife and i,and what ever they bring for themselves.
heres a pic of the buzzard,i will ad more pics as the time is right  ;)
ive got little special something for after dinner to share with him.missed seeing on his birthday last month so this should make up for that  ;D ;)

i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline sailordad

Re: "if you can smell what the sailordad is cooking"
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 07:45:54 pm »
well after a couple of hours on the grill this is what the buzzard is looking like

my neighbors smelled it cooking and watched me flip it and couldnt believe how nice and tasty it looked and smlet   ;D

maybe ifn they are nice i'll let them have a taste  >:D

well i figured since the wife and i busted our humps today doing yard work before Wes's friends get here that we deserved a little taste of the grape  ;)

mmmmmm thats good stuff right there ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:12:57 am »
Nice ,that bird looks tasty.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 09:54:56 am »
I gotta admit, that is the tastiest lookin buzzard I ever saw ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 12:22:14 am »
What's your spice rub mix?
Living a dream...

Offline sailordad

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 01:34:30 am »
well i gotta say the buzzard was awesome
the wine was good too,but the Cabo Wabo set the tone after dinner for the rest of the night
i do have pics but being this is a family site i dont think all the drinking pics would be appropriate
but i will say its nice having adult children now  ;D
i taught him (not that he hasnt drank before,nor do i often) how to drink teguilla
he hadnt tried that yet he said.
he taught mom and i what a hooka is  ;)
i guess its big for people their age on the east coast and getting around here too

about 20 or so of Wes's friends showed up for eats and drinks afterwards,along with the neighbors.
it was nice being able to throw a party for our son and him being able to be himself,an adult.
he didnt drink to much,nor did anyone else and all had a great time.

hes now driving back (as i type this) to Va.needs to be back to his ship by wednesday a.m..
then they have a month to get all set to head out for 6-9 months.hopefully he will back home for leave in january again.
damn i miss him already  :(

as far as the spice rub goes,the wife just grabs what shes in he mood to put together and i just cook it  ;)