Author Topic: First Knife Blade (2nd knife added)  (Read 2586 times)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: First Knife Blade
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 08:40:33 pm »
George, after deer season ends, I should be out at the least once or twice a month.  Looking forward to meeting up with you again.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline gstoneberg

Re: First Knife Blade
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 10:43:57 pm »
That sounds great!  I'll look forward to it.  Starting about Feb1 I hog hunt around twice a month so I would think we could get together.  On that note, I just landed a potential hog spot a little under an hour (43 miles) from home.  I'm really excited to go see what's there.  We may have to run a feeder awhile to get hogs coming in, but we'll see.  Hope to go see it this weekend.

Interestingly, I got my second knife finished up tonight.  I had worked on it an hour or so on Sunday.  This rock had several very hard spots in it that were lighter colored than the rest of the stone.  It was easily the most difficult knapping I've done so far.  Amazingly it came out, though with some steps I could not get out.  I hafted it up to a mule deer antler for a friend I built a bow for.  He'll be excited when he gets it.  This one I think I can call a neck knife.

I took a picture of it with the knife I started this thread with.

To borrow Pappy's line, life is good!

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: First Knife Blade (2nd knife added)
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 12:00:11 am »
Those look real good George, looks like you're getting the hang of knapping!

Hey, I had some back issues last year and thought I might share what helped me.  Mine wasn't caused by any specific trauma that I know of.  I was just crouched over patching some concrete in my basement floor one night, and the next morning I woke up with an aching back.  It persisted for about 6 months.  I went for about 30 chiro "adjustments" and that didn't seem to be doing anything.  Just when I'd get a few days of reduced soreness, I'd do something to aggravate it again.  I finally got enough sense to go see a physiotherapist and she gave me some basic stretching exercises to do.  Didn't really seem to help at first, but once I started doing them on a regular basis 3 times a day, all my aches disappeared.  I was quite surprised.  Might be something to look into if you haven't already.

Take it easy anyway buddy.  Hopefully it improves soon!

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
Re: First Knife Blade (2nd knife added)
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 07:33:04 pm »
Dang George, those look great.
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)