Author Topic: B.O.M.  (Read 14667 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
B.O.M.
« on: July 12, 2010, 01:03:30 pm »
Hey guys we apologize for any delays we had going.  But we were carefully considering how to handle the retirement of Don Berg and passing of the torch of Bow of the Month.  Due to peoples' summer schedules and different changes all occurring at once, we finally were able to get on the same page and we have asked Josh to take over the B.O.M.  Please give him a great P.A. welcome.  He is getting the June put together a.s.a.p. and will give you all the details.
We appreciate your patience and your support.   ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: B.O.M.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:11:37 pm »
Welcome Josh,I feel sure you will handle it just fine. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline gothmog

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 01:24:53 pm »
Alright!  Congrats Josh!

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 01:34:17 pm »
Thanks! I am honored to take over for Don, although they are very big shoes to fill.  I am going to try to keep the contest as Don had it so everyone, remember to vot for your favorite self and laminate bow for June... I should have the poll up by 1:30 today.  Thanks again! 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline gothmog

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 01:41:59 pm »
Does this take your bows out of the running for BOM now?  That would be a real shame with all the fine pieces you crank out regularly.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:52:25 pm by gothmog »

Offline Josh

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 01:54:16 pm »
Does this take your bows out of the running for BOM now?  That would be a real shame with all the fine pieces you crank out regularly.

I am still gonna post my bows, just probably not going to put them in the contest.  Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?   ???
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline gothmog

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 02:10:49 pm »
That was exactly my point.  At least you already got a couple hats.  Still gonna look forward to seeing more from ya, you do great work.  Don did a great job for a long time, and I have no doubt you'll fill his shoes just fine.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 03:01:58 pm »
NO it isn't a conflict of intrest since Josh only gets one vote just like the rest of us.  Josh's bows should be included in BOM.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 03:03:15 pm »
NO it isn't a conflict of intrest since Josh only gets one vote just like the rest of us.  Josh's bows should be included in BOM.
Justin I was thinking the same thing.  It isn't like the votes can be manipulated... a vote is a vote. I agree with you on this.
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 03:22:34 pm »
I agree too. Josh's bows should still be considered for BOM each month he posts one.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline gothmog

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 03:27:52 pm »
Awesome.  Great to hear.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 03:34:34 pm »
I must Concur....You post them Bow son....and You will do just Fine filling them Shoes.........I have seen Your FEET....... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 03:55:00 pm »
LOL I DO wear a 14w or a 15...  :)

Offline NTD

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 04:24:42 pm »
This is Great news.  You'll do fine Josh.  Glad to hear BOM will be up and running.
Nate Danforth

Offline Josh

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 04:25:38 pm »
thanks for the support, Nate.  :)