Main Discussion Area > Primitive Skills

Snakebow help

(1/4) > >>

Justin Snyder:
I'm trying to build a snakebow and I am struggling. I keep on straightening it, but the more I mess with it the more twisty and curvy it gets. You can see from the first picture that I had it almost straight. Then I tried to pick it up and it got all twisty without me even touching it.  This snake bow BITES.   Maybe I should quit getting it warm to straighten it and try cold.  Any ideas on how to make a bow out of this. Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pat B:
Boy! A pair of those would look good on a bow. What kind is it? Doesn't look like the poisonous variety.  Pat

Coo-wah-chobee:
 Justin ...You HAVE TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS. Whats wifes phone # ?.......... :D :D :D.bob

Keenan:
Justin,  I had some luck with one very similar. Cold tillering is the only way to go. Freeze to -175% and you will find that the mollucles will hold much more of thier ridgidity.  LOL nice post!
  Nice snake, is it a pet?    Keenan

Justin Snyder:
He is just a gopher snake. I picked him up out of the road this morning while I was out running my dogs.  He will probably get his sentence commuted. I will let the boy keep him as a pet for a while.  Justin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version