Author Topic: Ferret's Floppy Ruler - PDF File  (Read 8089 times)

Offline Diligence

Ferret's Floppy Ruler - PDF File
« on: July 16, 2010, 10:28:36 am »
Folks,

I had the pleasure of getting a photocopy of a gadget called "The Bowyer's Rule" which was created and invented by Mr. Mickey Lotz.  I subsequently took that photocopy and overlaid several of them to fit onto a standard 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.

I have been in email contact with Mr. Lotz and he has graciously allowed me to share his handy creation on PA in electronic form.

Instructions for use:
Download the PDF file to your computer.
Print it, being sure to use 8.5x11 paper setting, with page scaling set to "NONE"  That way, what you print will actually be at the correct scale (ie. 4" will equal 4") - double check your results to make sure 4" = 4".
Glue it to whatever is handy or do what I did and print it onto a large size 8.5x11 sticky label, cut to suit, stick it onto some plastic, cover with clear tape, and make a set to leave laying around your work area.

Mr Lotz suggests "the use of Mylar or soft clear plastic (like the material in clear notebook folders) which will bend around the curved back of a bow allowing the user to accurately measure and mark the wood."

Thank you Mr Lotz!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.