Author Topic: "Chief Naughty Hedge"  (Read 22672 times)

Offline jpitts

Re: "Chief Naughty Hedge"
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 11:50:45 pm »
Justin, why not do a build-a-long on the angular bow.....I'd love to see how it's done.  ;D
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline Jbell

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 12:05:28 am »
That is an interesting idea, I might do that after obtaining my info and materials. I am having a hard time finding anthing, just a couple articles and some pics. I guess not alot of people are making these bows their are a few people on the ATARN site and I think Thimo is building one, he has shown some pics over on paleo planet. Other than that not a whole lot out there, but I do have a pretty good idea of what I am going to do. Justin
Justin Blunt

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 12:37:21 am »
Someone a few years ago on PA built an Egyptian angle bow. Do a search in the archives.  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mamba

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 10:55:05 am »
Beautiful !
Ray/NY

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 11:39:03 am »
I remember Russell (Bowmonkey) built and posted one, but that's been many moons ago :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline jpitts

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 01:05:04 am »
Theres a show on the History Channel called "Ancient Discoveries" that showed an angle bow and an "expert" shooting it as part of a program on Egypt's weapons and where they got them from....that was a few weeks back....
They also had a demo on Greek bronze armor. They make a replica and shot at it with an ELB and a steel bodkin point......it practically bounced off.....amazing stuff....
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 09:50:16 am »
Just beautiful, Justin. I also am a fan of Snakeskin backed Character Osage bows, and this is  really stylish. If you don't mind, I would also like to add your Full Draw to my "Traditional Bows Drawn" section of my personal web site. Also your daughters "attempt" at full draw - that's priceless. If you send me (e-mail or PM)one with her own bow, at true FD I'll post that also. I have captured the others. Check it out (my pages), if you haven't, and let me know. Keep up the good work (and posting them - LOL)
(You'll find the pics on Page11 of the TBD pages.)

http://residents.bowhunting.net/bsdunn/index.htm
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 01:07:48 pm by ber643 »
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2007, 10:20:33 am »
Nice bow.

I like the name of it. I always find it hard to figure out a cool name. I have thought about turtle shell before. But hadn't ever done it. It looks great. Good job.

Jignfrog
Bruner Missouri

Offline Jbell

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007, 11:37:29 am »
I would be honored Bernie. I will also send ya some full draw pics of my daughter and son, I am sure they will think that is real cool. Thanks.
Justin Blunt

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2007, 02:14:58 pm »
Great! If you would, include their (at least first) names, ages, bow stats and then anything else you might want in (like state, etc.). I'll slip them in following you and your daughter. Thank you.
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC