Author Topic: All Exotics  (Read 7499 times)

Offline NTD

All Exotics
« on: July 23, 2010, 08:43:58 pm »
You won't find these in your backyard unless you live in Florida ;D

6 ball python skins.  These are from 17" to 20"  I have 15 more if you like these.

Common Boa.  This skin is over 6ft long.  It has a few holes near the top but you can see in the pics that it's on either side of the saddles.

This skin is from the infamous invader of the Everglades, the burmese python.  The skin is 8ft 8in long.  Perfect skin no holes.  Potential for at least 3 bows in the skin consider the pattern and width of it.

I am always open to offers.  I am looking for straightened and spined Tonkin cane shafts. 31" long 55-65# spine.  Ipe slats, Hickory backing strips, Osage lumber, bench sander, TBB vol. 3, Leather Arm guard...And anything you might have that I didn't know I needed.

And for the couple people that are wondering "hey what's he doing posting new skins when I haven't received mine yet"?  They'll be in the mail tomorrow ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline ZanderPommo

Re: All Exotics
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 01:31:12 pm »
pm on the way

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 04:34:03 pm »
PM on the way....where are you getting all these skins, dude?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 04:44:06 pm »
florida is my guess,seeing as to how some of the mhe said were from there
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline NTD

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 04:46:37 pm »
Nope not florida.   ;D  You have to remember that I'm a reptile guy...I have connections >:D ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 05:24:13 pm »
Let me know if you are coming up to the Black Hills, if you don't have a connection with Reptile Gardens, I can get you introduced to the curators there.  I work with the raptor rehab facility that leases space from them.

(And no they won't let me poke around in their collection or else I'd have a gaboon viper backed bow!)
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 05:24:40 pm »
PM sent
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 05:41:43 pm »
 People think we are overrun with them down  here, but you seldom see them in the wild.  What's funny is since Florida has started charging $25 to hunt the problem they let happen, none have been reported killed. ??? ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NTD

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 06:17:20 pm »
I know they are there and that it has a potentialy negative ecological impact but I have always known that it has been hyped up past the reality of the situation.  That cold snap you guys had killed 90% of the radio tagged Burms that were there.  But yet USFG says they can live across the entire bottom third of the US....HAHAHAHAHA ;D ::)
Nate Danforth

Offline NTD

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 07:46:07 pm »
I have a TBB3 now so that's off the table for trades.  The ball pythons are going quick.  10 are spoken for already.
Nate Danforth

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 02:06:32 pm »
if 10% lived, then that percentage will go up in the future.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline NTD

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 04:04:49 pm »
True, but my point is that it's a Florida Issue, actually not even a Florida issue but an Everglades Issue.  That area is an ecological niche and Those pythons wouldn't have a prayer living outside of that enviroment.
Nate Danforth

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 04:22:04 pm »
they could probably make here in s.c., if they could live through the three weeks of winter we have in jan.  this year was rough, we had about seven weeks of winter.  the cold tolerance genes will become more and more prolific in the next thousand or so years.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline NTD

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 06:54:54 pm »
Am also willing to trade for the following

-Steel Glue on field points 125g 23/64" diameter
-6" plus block plane
-String serving material
-decent bow scale
-Fare fetched I know but a Nicholson #49 or #50
-"Billets to Bows" by Glenn St. Charles
Nate Danforth

Offline NTD

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 10:16:35 pm »
Okay Folks,
All the Ball Pythons are spoken for.  And the Boa is in negotiations.  I do have the Burmese Python left.  A few people have mentioned that it is too wide, but...If you look at that skin you have an edge pattern on both sides and the center pattern.  If you did it that way you could back 4 bows with this skin.

Nate Danforth