Author Topic: 40 LBS OR HIGHER BOW  (Read 3627 times)

Offline cawkazn

40 LBS OR HIGHER BOW
« on: July 25, 2010, 03:54:50 pm »
Hi, I am wondering if there is anyone on the forum that has an old selfbow they dont want anymore and would be willing to just give to me? I want to get back into archery but I dont have the time to make another bow, and I dont have an extra $300 or so to go buy a longbow. Back when I used to make my own bows I had a bunch of them sitting around the house so I was just wondering if anyone one on here might have an old bow they would be willing to get rid of? Prefereably something thats in the 40, 45, 50, or 55 lbs draw weight, thanks!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: 40 LBS OR HIGHER BOW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:47:12 pm »
 You don't have an awfull lot of info on your Profile. With just 12 post it might make a few people  think about somebody asking for a free bow. If you don't have time to make one, do you have time to shoot one?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:11:00 pm »
You might also look around and see what you have to trade somebody for one.
Living a dream...

Offline cawkazn

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 01:12:43 am »
i dont go on the forums much, i used to build bows when i was a kid. I got pretty good at it, i read the bowyers bible 1,2, and 3, there wasnt a 4th back then. took a selfbow building class, etc. I got pretty good. I just dont have the time to make a bow, making arrows isnt a problem. I just kind of got back into archery, and didnt realize how expensive bows are. Looking around online etc. i find cheap longbows running 200-300$ which I cant afford. there are plenty of compounds(dont want one of those) for cheap on craigslist but i cant seem to find a cheap longbow. as for trading I dont have anything I can think of worth trading for a bow.

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 01:42:16 am »
PM sent